• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay offensive material policy - Just the beginning of censorship, already happening? Whats the scoop?
3 3

631 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Rip said:

1. I was asking why you needed to add the First Amendment with the meaning of censorship. As I continue to suspect this is a conflating of the two concepts. The First Amendment shouldn't be incorporated into the meaning of censorship.

I am not, nor have I ever, conflated the First Amendment with censorship.

con·flate
/kənˈflāt/

verb

1. combine (two or more texts, ideas, etc.) into one.

I have not combined them, only said that one of them (the First Amendment) came into play when the action is that of a public entity.

3 hours ago, nines said:

And in Fahrenheit 451, some people still possessed books. If it is not available to the masses, then it is being censored. 

Which isn't the case here, so... (shrug)

Laugh emoji is back. Anything is possible!

Also...

Went to 2nd and Charles over the weekend and yeah, couldn’t even get close to the Dr. Seuss books. Reason? It. Was. Packed! All the SPLC did was create attention where it had limited to none prior. It was awesome to see and reminded me of Tipper Gore’s inept attempt to censure music :roflmao:

Edited by snitzer

2 hours ago, snitzer said:

Laugh emoji is back. Anything is possible!

Also...

Went to 2nd and Charles over the weekend and yeah, couldn’t even get close to the Dr. Seuss books. Reason? It. Was. Packed! All the SPLC did was create attention where it had limited to none prior. It was awesome to see and reminded me of Tipper Gore’s inept attempt to censure music :roflmao:

I wonder if she grew up watching Ed Sullivan