• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

coober skeber

5 posts in this topic

I have a copy of Coober Skeber the Marvel Benefit issue from the San Diego Comicon back in 1997. .

I know it is rare and I think technically illegal at the time. Mine is in never been read Mint condition.

There is very little out there about the book. I know it was reprinted in 2000 with a different cover and that the art work and stories were done to benefit Marvel writers and Artists but that is about the sum of my knowledge on it

Any information you have would be appreciated, I have no idea what it is worth..

I found this....Have a look at some of The Beguiling's rarest comic books (torontolife.com)

See the source image

Thanks

11 hours ago, northvanguy said:

I have a copy of Coober Skeber the Marvel Benefit issue from the San Diego Comicon back in 1997. .

I know it is rare and I think technically illegal at the time. Mine is in never been read Mint condition.

There is very little out there about the book. I know it was reprinted in 2000 with a different cover and that the art work and stories were done to benefit Marvel writers and Artists but that is about the sum of my knowledge on it

Any information you have would be appreciated, I have no idea what it is worth..

I found this....Have a look at some of The Beguiling's rarest comic books (torontolife.com)

See the source image

Thanks

Just FYI: "Mint" would be the equivalent of a CGC 9.9, and I doubt that this would fall under that condition.

"Near Mint" may be more applicable.

21 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Based on a half dozen or so ebay sales over the last few years, looks like they sell between $30-$60 depending on condition. 

thanks for the information it is as close as possible to mint probably a 9.8, however there is no grading for a book like this as far as i know. 

Appears to have been bagged and boarded since new and never read. 

I received it with a lot of comics i bought about 10 years ago

Cheers

11 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Just FYI: "Mint" would be the equivalent of a CGC 9.9, and I doubt that this would fall under that condition.

"Near Mint" may be more applicable.

Thanks I appreciate the precision. I'd say a 9.8 at worst a 9.6.

Cheers