• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your box's and circle's!

219 posts in this topic

For one great year between the end of 1961 and the end of 1962 DC and marvel wrapped their 12 cent cover prices in either a box (DC) or a circle (Marvel). This was to highlight the price to retailers as the cover price was just changed from 10 to 12 cents (DC actually started doing this with the last few months of their 10 cent books as well, as seen in my avatar).

Besides being the year I was born, 1962 is one of my favorite years for the comics I collect (Superman related titles). How about a thread to show of your DC and Marvel comics with the great box or circle 12 cent covers!

I will start us off with this cool World's Finest that I just got from fellow board member supapimp! (Thanks supa!)

WF129.jpg

Just started collecting the first 10 issues of Sea Devils, with those great Heath grey-tone covers. This is probably my favorite 12 center in that run. It came just today, courtesy of J&S!

sea5.jpg

tim,

you're killing us mere mortals with these books. hail.gif

Mike, wouldn`t you like to see the #34 reunited with its siblings? poke2.gif

while no western penn 9.6, here's my decent copy of Showcase #34...........one of my favorite SA DC covers........ cloud9.gif

1128772152975_Showcase_001.jpg