• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Check-In Timeframe

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I made my first submissions to CGC last month.  They were received on 02-16-2021.  On 02-23-2021 I sent an inquiry as to when they would be checked in so I could see them on my account while awaiting grading.  The response I received was they were still checking in books from 02-01-2021.  It's now been over 2 weeks since they were received and they still have not been checked in. 

How long does it typically take to have books checked in?

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, mcribar said:

Hello,

I made my first submissions to CGC last month.  They were received on 02-16-2021.  On 02-23-2021 I sent an inquiry as to when they would be checked in so I could see them on my account while awaiting grading.  The response I received was they were still checking in books from 02-01-2021.  It's now been over 2 weeks since they were received and they still have not been checked in. 

How long does it typically take to have books checked in?

Hello, We are behind on opening mail right now. It can take a few weeks to get it received. We are working hard to get to all mail as fast as possible.

Seems like it’s going 10-15 business days just now

I documented my first submission from last December and each update along the way.

-  24 "Modern" books sent to CGC on 11/23/20 for grading only (shipped from Maine to Florida, arrived on 11/30/20)

-  The shipment was "received" by the CGC on 12/8/20 (8 days from shipment physically being delivered to logging the shipment to the CGC database)

-  The status was changed from "received" to "scheduled for grading" on 1/18/21. (28 business days, excluding holidays)

- The status was changed from "scheduled for grading" to "grading/quality assurance" on 1/26/21 (7 days from being scheduled to grading)

- The status was changed from "grading/quality assurance" to “Finalized/Imaged/Shipped” on 1/28/21 (3 days from grading to shipped)

38 business days total from first status until last.

On the plus side, it was only 3 business days from grading to the items being shipped.  The items were shipped very well, all packaged nicely.

On the negative side, one of the books had the “Newton” ring.  Also, only one of the 24 books had grader’s notes (customer service told me this was subjective, depended on the grader supplying these or not, literally depends on who you get and with the long wait times I’m sure there are less and less grader notes available).  Out of the 38 business days, 35 days spent in from received to schedule for grading, essentially in limbo.