• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a legit Kirby signature?

13 posts in this topic

Doing a Google search for his signature and comparing yours to what is out there, it looks legit to me.  Also it seems that he signed them in the same place yours is signed, on the inside cover near his printed name.  One could argue that someone faked it but it looks really spot on to me.  

On 3/5/2021 at 6:09 PM, Ferretnc said:

I’ve been researching his signature online and I really can’t tell if this is legit or not. There’s so many fakes out there. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

7CB40098-F909-48FB-8B1C-B469A5904ED4.jpeg

Looks legit to me.  I have Kirby art and his signature there is almost identical.  Ink looks right, angle looks right, placement looks right.  

8 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

This signature is on the splash page of F.F. #8 given to me for Christmas back in 82/83, I assume it is real since nobody was looking to make just make a buck back then.

I'm not sure that I would agree with the italicized part of your sentence.

15 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

I'm not sure that I would agree with the italicized part of your sentence.

IMO, and I do not recall this being an issue, I do not not think people were forging Jack Kirby signatures 40 years ago, comic books were not that expensive that it would be worth it and signatures were free, (IE: Prices I paid in 82/83, ASM 14 $20.00, Avengers 4 $15.00, IH 181 $20.00), the F.F. 8 was a $10.00 - $15.00 book and there was no mention by anyone of the splash page signature.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:09 PM, Ferretnc said:

I’ve been researching his signature online and I really can’t tell if this is legit or not. There’s so many fakes out there. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

7CB40098-F909-48FB-8B1C-B469A5904ED4.jpeg

pretty identical to the one I have on a Demon 1 and I got that verified by Voldy

Throwing out one more for review. Tempted to purchase this Kirby signature. Comparing to my in person Kirby signature that I have and others, looks good but seeing if I can get a second or third or fourth opinion. Thanks!

Kirby Signature.JPG

1 minute ago, rexinnih said:

Throwing out one more for review. Tempted to purchase this Kirby signature. Comparing to my in person Kirby signature that I have and others, looks good but seeing if I can get a second or third or fourth opinion. Thanks!

Kirby Signature.JPG

Looks okay.  Maybe from his older years.  The 'K' is missing the usual flourish at the bottom...

Kirby signed this Cap100 for me at a comic con in 1975.  The 'K' has a wee bit less embellishment, but otherwise the sig looks very close to the one in the OP.

Kirbysig1.thumb.jpg.153f66061c824325f65c067967faafc9.jpg