• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED / ALL SOLD]
2 2

44 posts in this topic

Big thanks to everyone who purchased books from this thread, it's been a huge help!!

Unfortunately dark clouds are fast approaching off the horizon, so I'm looking to sell some of my non-core collection books to get the jump on their arrival.  Everything will be fine in the end, but these next few months are likely to be a slog.  So when life gives you lemons, cut one up and put a slice in your favorite hefeweizen.

Necessities first:

Payment:  In addition to PayPal, I will also accept check / money order / Zelle, though the book will be held until clearance.  Payment generally due within 10 business days.  However, time payments are an option for purchases $750+.  PM me in advance to discuss though.

Shipping (domestic):  Book(s) will be shipped via insured USPS priority mail.  Domestic shipping is included in the listed price.

International Shipping - exact cost, minus the US shipping cost.  Please inquire first for an accurate quote. 

Returns:  No returns on CGC books as you know what you're getting.  For the raws, returns accepted if we wildly disagree on grade or I fail to disclose a significant flaw.  Any raw returns need to be requested within a week of receipt. 

On the HoS?  Probation list?  Or I simply don't like you (aka on my ignore list)?  Don't bother.

Can provide board references if needed (no name dropping here), and over 1700 positive eBay feedback as well -- https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=792mn.  And I've got a fledgling kudos thread started (link is in my profile page).

First :takeit:wins the book outright, well reasoned offers always considered.  I'll be listing throughout the weekend, so check in periodically.  Onward!

Edited by mattn792
Closed

We'll kick off with a book I had up previously -- Batman 30, a 4.0 blue label with ow/w pages.  Great WWII cover featuring both Batman and Robin. 

As you might expect with early Golden Age, there isn't much sales precedent to cite.  A 3.5 with white pages went for $565 on eBay last month, and the Reece family has a 4.0 up at $500 currently.  In the interest of quick movement, let's call this book...

SOLD to @allthingskryptonite

Spoiler

Rear.JPG

Spoiler

Front.JPG

Edited by mattn792

And now for something completely different.  If you can't own an X-Men 9 signed by Stan Lee, get the next best thing!  This one I wouldn't be selling if I didn't also have #9.

X-Men Annual 1, a 9.0 yellow label with white pages.  Reprints X-Men 9, featuring the first meeting of the X-Men and Avengers.  Signed by Stan Lee on 4/22/2017.

A 9.2 blue label went for $317 in the most recent ComicLink auction, and a 9.0 for $165 on eBay a few weeks ago.  Sum the two, carry the 1, divide by pi, multiply by the Stan Lee signature...

Let's say SOLD to @Skunkboy

Spoiler

Annual 1 front.JPG

Spoiler

Annual 1 rear.JPG

Edited by mattn792

5 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

And now for something completely different.  If you can't own an X-Men 9 signed by Stan Lee, get the next best thing!  This one I wouldn't be selling if I didn't also have #9.

X-Men Annual 1, a 9.0 yellow label with white pages.  Reprints X-Men 9, featuring the first meeting of the X-Men and Avengers.  Signed by Stan Lee on 4/22/2017.

A 9.2 blue label went for $317 in the most recent ComicLink auction, and a 9.0 for $165 on eBay a few weeks ago.  Sum the two, carry the 1, divide by pi, multiply by the Stan Lee signature...

Let's say $350 shipped

Annual 1 front.JPG

Annual 1 rear.JPG

:takeit:

Sticking with the X-Men --  I'll keep 14.  I'll keep 16.  But you can buy 15.

X-Men 15, 1st Mastermold, 2nd Sentinels.  A 6.5 yellow label that was signed by Stan Lee on 8/23/2014.  

eBay shows that a 3.5 signed by Stan sold for $400 just the other day.  With that in mind, I'm going put the ask on this one at...

SOLD to @gunsmokin

Spoiler

15 front.jpg

Spoiler

15 rear.jpg

Edited by mattn792

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

Sticking with the X-Men --  I'll keep 14.  I'll keep 16.  But you can buy 15.

X-Men 15, 1st Mastermold, 2nd Sentinels.  A 6.5 yellow label that was signed by Stan Lee on 8/23/2014.  

eBay shows that a 3.5 signed by Stan sold for $400 just the other day.  With that in mind, I'm going put the ask on this one at...

$550 shipped

15 front.jpg

15 rear.jpg

Take

One more before bed, then some more tomorrow!

Shifting Silver Age heroes to Iron Man, last one for today is Tales of Suspense 41, 5.5 (C-1) with a small amount of color touch.  3rd appearance of Iron Man.

A 6.0 blue went for $450 on eBay at the beginning of last month.  With the resto factored in, let's say SOLD to @gunsmokin by PM

Spoiler

41 front.jpg

Spoiler

41 rear.jpg

Edited by mattn792

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

We'll kick off with a book I had up previously -- Batman 30, a 4.0 blue label with ow/w pages.  Great WWII cover featuring both Batman and Robin. 

As you might expect with early Golden Age, there isn't much sales precedent to cite.  A 3.5 with white pages went for $565 on eBay last month, and the Reece family has a 4.0 up at $500 currently.  In the interest of quick movement, let's call this book...

$440 shipped

Rear.JPG

Front.JPG

:takeit:

Alright, let's keep the good times rolling!  First up today...

Tales of Suspense 39, blue NG (coverless), with off-white pages.  I thought it would be cool to own both a regular and a coverless since this book has such a great splash page, but unfortunately, of the two this one is the collection luxury.  A C/OW coverless on eBay -- Tales of Suspense #39 CGC NG Coverless 1st app. Iron Man Lee Lieber Marvel 1963 | eBay -- fetched $1250 a couple weeks ago.  I think my copy offered here presents a bit better, so let's put the ask at...

Sold by PM

Spoiler

Front.JPG

Spoiler

Rear.JPG

Edited by mattn792

Fast forwarding to the Bronze Age briefly -- Marvel Tales 98, reprints Amazing Spider-Man 121.  9.4 yellow.  MT 99 won the debate of which book I would keep.

This one isn't as much about the book as it is the signatures -- John Romita, Sr. (cover and art) and Gerry Conway (writer).  Last word I heard was that Sr. would no longer be signing, so this is a great opportunity to pick up a double signature at an affordable price (an unsigned 9.4 of ASM 121 would probably run you into the four figures).

Let's say sold to @spideyfan68

Spoiler

98 front.JPG

Spoiler

98 rear.JPG

Edited by mattn792

Back to DC we go -- Flash 123, "Flash of Two Worlds", an issue once charmingly featured in an episode of The Big Bang Theory.  4.0 blue with off-white pages.

Pricing on this book seems to be all over the place, so I'll say SOLD to @Mike maio by PM

Spoiler

Front.JPG

Spoiler

Rear.JPG

Edited by mattn792

Last signature series X-Men book I plan to post in this thread -- X-Men 42, 8.0 yellow with ow/w pages, signed by writer Roy Thomas.  "Death" of Professor X.  What, a comic publisher lie about the death of a character?  The hell you say!!!

Sold by PM

Spoiler

IMG_2228.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_2229.JPG

Edited by mattn792

Tales of Suspense 56, 6.5 blue with white pages.  1st appearance of the Unicorn.  Later made into a TV sitcom currently airing on CBS.  What, you don't think that show is based on this book??  lol

Sold by pm

Spoiler

Front.JPG

Spoiler

Rear.JPG

Edited by mattn792

Last one for now, so let's wrap on a high note -- Batman 227, classic cover swipe of Detective 31.  I have two of these, both 6.5s no less, so one can go...

I see a couple of 7.0s have recently sold for $600 on eBay, with this guy having white pages, let's call it SOLD to @DocSaum

Spoiler

Front.JPG

Spoiler

Rear.JPG

Edited by mattn792