• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED / ALL SOLD]
2 2

44 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Last one for now, so let's wrap on a high note -- Batman 227, classic cover swipe of Detective 31.  I have two of these, both 6.5s no less, so one can go...

I see a couple of 7.0s have recently sold for $600 on eBay, with this guy having white pages, let's call it $550 shipped.

Front.JPG

Rear.JPG

Take

Going to be adding more books tonight, kinda sorta deciding on which ones as I go. 

For those of you wondering about the somewhat ominous phrasing to open this thread (dark clouds and such), my wife and I were in a significant period of turmoil and this week made the tough call to split up.  We get along great...except when we try to be married.  Being human is a funny thing.

Anyway, its looking like we should be able to settle up amicably, so I don't expect any mass fire sale in the near future.  But these listings are helping me get the remaining household debts significantly paid down, so I appreciate everyone who has been looking and bought so far!  

Just one favor - any and all kind words of support would certainly be appreciated, but please PM them to me so we can keep the focus on the books within the thread.  :foryou: 

First up!  Incredible Hulk 271, 9.4 blue with white pages AND a beautiful spine cut.  Not thrilled to sell, but I can certainly pick up a new one sometime down the line.  Book recently cross the $300 threshold, so let's call it sold by PM.

Spoiler

Rear.JPG

Spoiler

Front.JPG

Edited by mattn792

Switching publishers back to DC -- Detective Comics 411, 1st Talia, an 8.0 blue with ow/w pages.  eBay shows me a recent 7.5 sale at $375, and a recent 8.5 sale at $525.  Let's call this 8.0 Sold by PM

Spoiler

411 front.JPG

Spoiler

411 rear.JPG

Edited by mattn792

Final book.  This...sucks.  But I can't ignore the recent sale prices anymore :tonofbricks:

Journey Into Mystery 85.  1st Loki, 3rd Thor.  CGC 5.0.  White Pages.  Signed by Stan Lee in about the perfect spot.  

A 4.0 blue with ow pages sold for $3500 on eBay yesterday.  Ask on this happy fellow is set at sold by PM!!

Spoiler

85 front.JPG

Spoiler

85 rear.JPG

Edited by mattn792

Quick PSA - this is all the books I'll be posting in this thread.  With JIM 85 doing a lot of the heavy lifting already, I'll likely close the thread out sometime on Monday.  

Once again, big thanks to all who have made purchases so far!

Remember what I said about thread closed?  Nuts to that!  Back open for business.  

All books listed are available, and I'll be adding some shortly.  Also, I failed to mention this earlier (and will add it to the first post), but time payments are an option for purchased $750+.  PM me in advance to discuss though.