• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Facsimile New Mutants 98 48 bids $140
1 1

45 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

I don't see why this would be a green label. It's one of Marvel's "Facsimile Edition" reprints... just wasn't being advertised as such.

I'm aware it's not a green label. And what I said was in jest, but collectors seem to be buying anything nowadays

5 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

The mylar and fullback at least doubles the actual value.

No double fullback,I'm out if it isn't double backed with a ga mylar put over the top of the regular size.

I mean it's rare and out of print,sheesh

42 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

No double fullback,I'm out if it isn't double backed with a ga mylar put over the top of the regular size.

I mean it's rare and out of print,sheesh

Thanks for pointing that out, Jimmers.

I didn’t realise that the bag and board were so tenth-rate as well.  Shows my inexperience with eBay. So easy to get done over there.

On 3/7/2021 at 11:40 AM, MR SigS said:

Maybe these are the same people who are impressed when they read the word "faux". Maybe they think "facsimile" is French for "Puts smile on face".

Calling it a facsimile makes it worth $70 to $140 on ebay, calling it a reprint, $10-$20, so these sellers seem to know their audience. 

I find people who sell these morally reprehensible but if they want to buy with me I have no problem. If you think this is bad see the Michael Jordan Rookies being made in Mexico and China by the tens of thousands and being sold on ebay as "reprints" oh I found it at a garage sale bla bla bla, yeah right. Just bad for the hobby all around