• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romita Sr. ASM 107 Splash on eBay!

48 posts in this topic

sign-rantpost.gif

I hate it when buyers ask the seller if he will end the auction or sell for a certain price. Unless they are going to offer an outrageous price, what's the point. If you want the piece so bad, bid what you want to pay. If you get outbid, then you weren't willing to pay enough. The idea of an auction is to sell to the highest bidder. The seller is trying to make the most for his item. He's not going to sell an item for a few dollars over his starting bid, just because you say please. End of sign-rantpost.gif

Everytime I click the link it freezes my comp. I found it anyway thru ebay.

The guys that asked to have the auction ended early just gives you an idea of thier business practices/ethics. The auction is currently at $2800+ . One guy offered $500 27_laughing.gif and the other $1700 . Obviously trying to snag this before anyone else saw it. Nothing infuriates me more than watching an item intending to snipe (I find perfectly ethical) and having the auction end early becuase the item is "no longer available" I hope Nick Katradis and Lee Benaka cringe everytime they see thier ridiculous questions posted for everyone to see. sign-rantpost.gif

I dont really have a problem with people asking. I dont think it's morally wrong and if you dont do it, someone else might.

On the other hand, $500!! WTF was Katradis thinking. $5000 would probably be a lowball offer on this page.

I dont really have a problem with people asking. I dont think it's morally wrong and if you dont do it, someone else might.

On the other hand, $500!! WTF was Katradis thinking. $5000 would probably be a lowball offer on this page.

while I have no problem if people offer or get offered certain amounts to end the auction, this really burns me. This slimeball Nick K. , who by the way is hawking some of his pieces at prices that make me confused-smiley-013.gif, offers him $500.00 for a piece that is probably worth 10k ! - This is nothing more than trying (and failing) to pull one over and get the advantage over someone who he hopes will be naive. this is disgusting ! - sure, nothing immoral about asking for a discount, in fact, most of us price things with that in mind, but to just out and out try and rob someone is inexcusable. - This is what's wrong with this hobby and makes all of us look bad. sign-rantpost.gif

Submit lowball offers to Nick!! Scumbag's auctions

Why is he a scumbag?

Just because he submitted a low offer to end auction early?

Its his right to ask and sellers right to end early if he wishes.

Its nothing illegal & it doesnt break ebay rules

I think you ought to read ebays rules concerning;

1) Ending auctions early.

2) Sending inappropriate messages to members (particularly with regards to point 1).

What makes him a scumbag is that he tried to basically rip this guy off and end the auction for an amount that is a fraction of what it's worth. He knows very well what that would bring and tried to take advantage of the guy ! - If he made a reasonable offer, then the guy decides to not end the auction, then that's fine....but he tried to do something completly sneaky and makes this hobby and other collectibles look bad.

Why is he a scumbag?

2) Sending inappropriate messages to members (particularly with regards to point 1).

I did and ebay says

Reasons for ending listings early include:

The item is no longer available for sale.

Note: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated.

-------------

If he wants to sell it early to someone because he got a price he can live with I dont see that as illegal and its not under ebay strict rules.

I wont do that myself but people are well within their rights to do so!

What makes him a scumbag is that he tried to basically rip this guy off and end the auction for an amount that is a fraction of what it's worth. He knows very well what that would bring and tried to take advantage of the guy ! - If he made a reasonable offer, then the guy decides to not end the auction, then that's fine....but he tried to do something completly sneaky and makes this hobby and other collectibles look bad.

If the seller does not know value of item and someone submits low offer and sell it thats bot buyers fault thats sellers fault.

It only takes a little but of reasearch to determin relative value of item. How many times have we been delighted that we got good deals on ebay for lower than their values.

If you see an Item you want to buy and seller has priced it with a low buy it now totally below value and you know it has a much higher value how many of you will email him to let him knwo of its true value. Or will you pop the buy it now and be happy?

Why is he a scumbag?

I did and ebay says

Reasons for ending listings early include:

The item is no longer available for sale.

Note: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated.

-------------

If he wants to sell it early to someone because he got a price he can live with I dont see that as illegal and its not under ebay strict rules.

I wont do that myself but people are well within their rights to do so!

1 - "Sometimes something goes wrong..." - Ending early to avoid FVF's is not something having 'gone wrong' and ebay hates anything that costs them money.

2 - "Is this message an offer to buy your item directly through email without winning the item on eBay? If so, please help make the eBay marketplace safer by reporting it to us. These external transactions may be unsafe and are against eBay policy. Learn more about trading safely." - This is sent with every message from member to member on ebay. I don't think you can get any clearer than that.

1 - "Sometimes something goes wrong..." - Ending early to avoid FVF's is not something having 'gone wrong' and ebay hates anything that costs them money.

2 - "Is this message an offer to buy your item directly through email without winning the item on eBay? If so, please help make the eBay marketplace safer by reporting it to us. These external transactions may be unsafe and are against eBay policy. Learn more about trading safely." - This is sent with every message from member to member on ebay. I don't think you can get any clearer than that.

They really need to disclose that in terms and conditions and not emails only.

I search ending items early and thats all I saw on their website with regards to ending early.