• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Shipping Only: OCTOBERFEST addendum: silver, keys, bronze, Four Colors, etc
4 4

127 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

Would you take a return on a book I bought from somebody else that may have mentioned they got it from you, but may not have? I can definitely prove I got it from somebody else.

Well, it definitely depends on the book, or doesn't. Either way, but probably I would except if I didn't feel like it. Which I don't.

57 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

Would you take a return on a book I bought from somebody else that may have mentioned they got it from you, but may not have? I can definitely prove I got it from somebody else.

This is too much to ask for. If you are unhappy with the book, you should sort it out with the seller, you bought it from. 

4 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

I think most sellers would find this perfectly reasonable!

Edited by comicquant

15 hours ago, allthingskryptonite said:

This is too much to ask for. If you are unhappy with the book, you should sort it out with the seller, you bought it from. 

What if @october possibly knows the original seller, but maybe he doesn't.  Isn't there some gray area here that allows for this circumstance?  I need immediate clarification, as I could really use the money right now.

13 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

What if @october possibly knows the original seller, but maybe he doesn't.  Isn't there some gray area here that allows for this circumstance?  I need immediate clarification, as I could really use the money right now.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the situation, why don't you just sell the book, then?

23 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

Wait a second.. you were serious about this?

I would think a PM is the better way to inquire about a topic like this instead of cryptic hypotheticals in the thread...

54 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

The only well known aspect of this is how we've defined "possibly knows".  The accepted terms are the following:

1. At least one individual within the party has seen the other within the last 10 years.  No eye contact is necessary.
2. At least one individual within the party has spent 7 minutes in the other's last 3 most recent zip codes.
3. At least one individual within the party attended grammar school with someone the other individual has known with the last 10 years.
4. At least one individual within the party has shipped or received a comic within the "common zone".
5. At least one individual within the party can skip a rock 7 or more times.

If I remember correctly, those are the agreed upon rules; with the exception of #5 which I made up.

42 minutes ago, comicquant said:

4. At least one individual within the party has shipped or received a comic within the "common zone".

The Common Zone is crucial when deciding these difficult cases. I live in Nashville and he lives in Memphis (Nashville's smaller, uglier, dirtier little brother who also smells) so that might count. 

1 hour ago, october said:

The Common Zone is crucial when deciding these difficult cases. I live in Nashville and he lives in Memphis (Nashville's smaller, uglier, dirtier little brother who also smells) so that might count. 

1. How dare you?

b) I decided to keep the book.  You don't even deserve my return.