• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with a broken holder.
1 1

8 posts in this topic

So I bought a infinity gauntlet #4 signed by starlin,perez and rubinstein recently but the holder came really damaged. I was going to get a refund but I thought I could just send it in to the chris evans signing and it would be reencapsulated. My question is that im worried cgc might think I tampered with it and not accept it. Please tell me if they will judging by the pics :)  Please help a n00b.

20210310_174613.jpg

20210310_174601.jpg

20210310_174552.jpg

20210310_174543.jpg

20210310_174549.jpg

1 hour ago, Thedarkspider said:

the holder came really damaged.

That's an understatement.  I don't think anyone here is going to be able to provide a definitive response.  You might want to call/email CGC directly.

Also, not that my opinion matters, but I don't see the value in adding Chris Evans sig on that particular book.  Other than the loose connection between Infinity War (movie) and Infinity Gauntlet (book), it's not like Chris actually did anything on that book nor is Captain America featured on the cover.  Just my 2c.

20 minutes ago, Thedarkspider said:

just emailed them thx :) also I know his auto doesnt add much but I dont intend to sell it. its the issue where cap dies so i thought it would be cool to get signed :)

Talking to them is a good idea. 

I don't really know the mechanics of it and @The Lions Den will be able to tell you more definitively, but there is an inner holder. If cgc can tell that the inner holder hasn't been tampered with, they may accept the signatures. 

Then you can get it signed and regraded with Chris Evans. 

Now, keep this in mind. That case has been through the ringer. There is a good chance it was dropped and the comic moved around, meaning it's no longer a 9.2. 

I would personally return it and look for another opportunity. To many variables. 

Again, this entirely my opinion. I've never been in a situation like that. 

You did the right thing by immediately contacting CGC. If you do have the book removed from the inner well, they will inspect it for any damage that may have been caused and it could affect the original grade. And if you have another signature added, that will undoubtedly take longer (and cost more as well). But whatever you decide to do, you should still have the book reholdered. Good luck...  :wishluck: