• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When Spidey met Subby?
2 2

24 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, shadroch said:

That does seem to be their first meeting, and exactly when the SA ends is certainly subjective. 

Offhand, I can't think of a meeting between Daredevil and Iron Man in that era.  I imagine there are many other examples. Did Doctor Strange encounter Namor before Submariner 34?

Weren’t Subby and Dr Strange in FF 27? 
DD and Iron Man I have to think about.... I am sure there are others but most of the 1961-1963 intro characters seem to have crossed paths in the first few years. Subby and Spidey was the only “big 2 early combo” that jumped out at me. If we stretch to ‘64, DD and Iron Man may also fit the bill.

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

That does seem to be their first meeting, and exactly when the SA ends is certainly subjective. 

Offhand, I can't think of a meeting between Daredevil and Iron Man in that era.  I imagine there are many other examples. Did Doctor Strange encounter Namor before Submariner 34?

Speaking for Doctor Strange, Defenders Beginnings Part one in Doctor Strange #183 (November 1969) then Part two in Sub-Mariners #22 (February 1970). Part three in Hulk #126 (April 1970). Three of them are crossover before the "first appearance of the Defenders" story in Sub-Mariner #34 which is Part four. Next issue (#35) is prelude to 1st Defenders story. To following the Defenders stories is Marvel Feature #1 to 3 then they are in own title, Defenders.

Sub-Mariner #22

HOWEVER, first crossover between Subby and Doctor Strange in FF #27. You can see them on the front cover here.

First Doctor Strange crossover.

Fantastic Four #27

On 3/13/2021 at 11:37 AM, shadroch said:

I can’t remember though if Namor interacted with Dr. Strange or just the FF.  I’ll have to reread it

BF1D6A8D-A265-4FFB-95E3-4978F025364C.jpeg

Not any direct interaction between the two (that Namor is aware of).  He goes in his Astral form to find Sue and  reports her whereabouts back to the Thing and Torch and transports them to the site. Here is Page 10 and then a jump to page 23 but Dr Strange does interact with them (FF) more often

ff 27.jpg

ff 27 last.jpg

Edited by comic_memories