• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about grading signed comics ( with COA from Comic Book Store )

9 posts in this topic

So I have a few signed books that were signed during event signings at different comic book stores. I have the COAs from the comic stores. My question is, when submitting for grading, will the COA be put inside the Slab? Or will it be returned loose? Thanks

On 3/12/2021 at 1:24 PM, JustinH1984 said:

So I have a few signed books that were signed during event signings at different comic book stores. I have the COAs from the comic stores. My question is, when submitting for grading, will the COA be put inside the Slab? Or will it be returned loose? Thanks

Odds are it will be thrown in the garbage. 

Welcome To The Boards!!!

Yes, folks did answer the question that was asked, however nobody mentioned to you why you should not send in the COA.

Books that are sent for grading that have a signature that was NOT witnessed by CGC will not receive a Yellow Signature Series Label as CGC cannot verify the signature as "authentic", their stance is that anybody can produce/duplicate a COA to make the signature seem authentic, so unless they witness the signing...

The book will be graded with the signature noted as a defect and will probably receive a Green Qualified Label which will assign a grade as if the signature/writing was not present but it will be noted on the label.

6 minutes ago, shandawg6 said:

Ok...what if I send in a book with one of those store signatures on it for a CGC signature series event to get one by another person....will it get the yellow or the green label...???..

If you’re talking about a book with some signatures unwitnessed by Cgc and some witnessed by Cgc, there is such a thing as a yellow-green label

14 minutes ago, revat said:

If you’re talking about a book with some signatures unwitnessed by Cgc and some witnessed by Cgc, there is such a thing as a yellow-green label

LOL...Thanks....I found it....might have to send what I'm thinking of sending just to get that one.....