• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post?

53 posts in this topic

At the behest of The Beyonder, I am starting a thread dedicated to trades. Although I personally don't have anything I specifically want to trade, nothing in my collection is totally sacred as long as I am getting something good in return. That being said, here are a few things it wouldn't kill me to swap...

Iron Fist 14 (7.5)

Weird War 1 (6.5)

Creepy 27 (CGC 9.4)

ASM 135 (8.0)

Daredevil 168 (7.0....looks 8.0 but have a very light, small waterstain on the back corner)

HOM 236 (7.5)

Nothing too remarkable, just some things to get the ball rolling.

I'd imagine it wil be easier to trade CGC books so heres a list of books I no longer need to keep..

Daredevil 189 9.4

Warlock 15 9.4

Wolverine The End#1 Wizard World Variant 9.8

Tales of Suspense #60 8.0

Marvel Premier #50 Alice Cooper 8.0

Defenders #10 9.0

Justice League 29 8.5

Crisis (1985) 1 9.6

Crisis #7 Death of Supergirl 9.6

Crisis #8 Death of Flash 9.4

Looking for slabbed Avengers 50-200,

Justice Leagues with Justice Society crossovers,Fine or better JIMS.

Anything interesting.

I have these to trade:

all CGC:

Captain America 215 NM+ 9.6 OWTW

Detective Comics 487 NM+ 9.6 White

Detective Comics 490 NM+ 9.6 White

Our Army at War 280 NM 9.2 OWTW Winnipeg

Tales to Astonish 72 NM+ 9.6 White

Iron Man 133 NM 9.4 White

Kamandi 32 NM 9.4 OWTW

I am have no idea what I am looking for!

I've got:

Iron Fist #14 35 cent variant - raw vg/vg+

Iron Fist #14 35 cent Variant - slabbed CGC 5.0

Looking for: Original art (kirby, ross, romita, byrne, cockrum, uncanny x-men, totleben, miracleman, miller, watchmen and the like), Bronze/Silver/Gold keys

I've got:

Iron Fist #14 35 cent variant - raw vg/vg+

Iron Fist #14 35 cent Variant - slabbed CGC 5.0

Looking for: Original art (kirby, ross, romita, byrne, cockrum, uncanny x-men, totleben, miracleman, miller, watchmen and the like), Bronze/Silver/Gold keys

takeit.gif

I've got:

Raw-

Uncanny X-Men 150-153, 228, 229 NM+ (9.6)

Other Uncannys (VF to NM) from around 145-250 but spotty

New Teen Titans (1980) 16-22 (and other higher #s as well) NM

Most Secret Wars 1 issues VF, NM, and NM+

Several ASM from around 248-297 and 303 on in grade ranging VF- to NM.

A bunch of coverless DC's from 60-61

Many of the common Indepedent titles from the 80's (Lone wolf, American Flagg, and other First, Eclipse, etc. titles)

CGC:

Batman 36 CGC 8.0 COWP

I'll post a bunch of SA CGC's (mostly Marvel Superhero) later when I'm home.

I'm looking for:

Trading "like for like" is always the easiest but I really only look for Golden Age these days. CGC is great and raw OK if you know how to detect resto and grade. Of course I prefer high grade but I consider any grade that has reasonable eye appeal (but no water damage or mustiness). Low grade restored is OK. Prefer Good girl art and horror sci-fi (esp Planets). Look at Skybolt's collection thread in the GA forum and that's what I go for these days. Also like HG Lois Lane, Supes, and Wonder Woman (for my daughter's collections; low or mid grade on GA issues is also OK) as well as any (mid grade or higher) Millie the model or Millie-related books.

I should raise the point here if participants want a serious trading forum they need to strive to offer stuff people might actually want or this will become a place where we can just expect garbage to be offered in the hope of receiving key books in return. Yes, "one man's garbage..." sometimes applies but let's lead/post with reasonable stuff and provide access to the more common/less sought after stuff. Also recognize that in some deals (like moderns for earlier books), FMV on non-key moderns is low, a smaller % of guide than is the FMV for earlier books. Therefore in trading MA for BA/SA/GA the MA holder should be more generous.

Also, I would suggest to try to maintain the spirit of trading and not look at this as some way to profit considerably (i.e. maintain a collector's mentality).

For the bats 36 CGC I'd be looking to trade for a comparable GA GGA book. For certain GA GGA I would consider offering up other GA as well as Superhero SA.

Ive got the following Thors for trade

Annual 3 vf+ or CGC 9.2 Ive got one of each

148 vf+ (wrecker cover :cloud9)

171 f/vf

192 vf

197 vf/nm

Ill post the Avengers and DD's later

Im looking for TTA's from 60-101 and any Pedigrees of TTA or Thor. yay.gif

I should raise the point here if participants want a serious trading forum they need to strive to offer stuff people might actually want or this will become a place where we can just expect garbage to be offered in the hope of receiving key books in return. Yes, "one man's garbage...

We have a winnah!!! Too true.

I just had a great trade w/ October where both of us got the books we wanted.

Too many times on this forum, you'll get lowball offers that are just ridiculous. Everyone here is smart and looking for deals, of course, but don't waste peoples time w/ BS stuff.

I heard a great story this weekend that I'll relate (but I'll try to keep the names protected):

One forumite was offering an early run of a well-known, highly sought Bronze Age title. The first issue is really a tough book as there are many, many counterfeits floating around. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Said member's book was the real deal and he gets a PM with an offer of $200 for the run. WTF!!!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

I have the following up for trade:

Marvel Premiere 15 9.0

Marvel Premiere 15 6.5

Marvel Special Edition 15 8.5

Amazing Spider-Man 136 VF/NM

Amazing Spider-Man 148 VF/NM

Astonshing Tales 1 NM-

Crimson #1-18 NM

Dr. Strange 1 NM-

Marvel Super Heroes 12 F/VF

Ms Marvel 18 NM-

and other things I can't remeber off the top of my head.

Said member's book was the real deal and he gets a PM with an offer of $200 for the run. WTF!!!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Gee Man, that's tough.

Book guides for close to $700? Fair offer or waste of time? What say you, Joe?

foreheadslap.gif

Read my reply again.... slowly and phonetically.

Said member's book was the real deal and he gets a PM with an offer of $200 for the run. WTF!!!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Gee Man, that's tough.

foreheadslap.gif

sooo...literally, or with the implied sarcasm?

hell, i can't tell. go ahead and call me stupid if you like

Gee Man, that's tough.

foreheadslap.gif

sooo...literally, or with the implied sarcasm?

hell, i can't tell. go ahead and call me stupid if you like

27_laughing.gif My thoughts exactly.