• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How long until the comic books I submitted for grading show up in "My Submissions?"
1 1

70 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2021 at 11:31 AM, SargenticusV said:

... So, it'll likely be another three weeks-ish before CGC confirms receipt.

CGC actually confirmed receipt yesterday (for books that were sent on 3/5, landed in Sarasota on the 8th, and were finally confirmed as delivered by USPS tracking on 4/1).  Moving right along.  :smile:

Edited by SargenticusV

I'm just curious how accurate that is with the current backlogging.  If regular speed orders take approximately 3 weeks to be opened and checked in, what's the average turnaround people are now seeing with the higher speed tags on the boxes?

On 3/28/2021 at 5:15 PM, MPH1964 said:

Just thought I would give folks an idea about how long it is taking:

I sent my first submission of 10 books in two tiers:  7 standard and 3 economy all are being pressed by CCS.

February 17th - The package was sent via USPS registered mail.  (Hint: Don’t seal the outside of your box, they make you remove all of the tape.)

March 1st  - USPS showed the package arrived around 5pm.

March 20th - At 6:30pm, (on Saturday no less) I received an email from CGC with a submission receipt.

March 21st - The website listed my submissions under My Submissions

March 26th - I received an email and invoice from CCS for the 7 Standard books.

That’s it so far. I hope this helps...

Here’s an update:

April 7th - CCS finished pressing the 7 Standard books and CGC sent an email that they have received them.

April 15th - Submission tracking page now shows “Scheduled for Grading” under status, and the submission number is now a hyperlink to your submission page that lists all of the books under that submission.  This is where the grades for each book will be posted.

Edited by MPH1964
Additional information.

Just thought I would give folks an idea about how long it is taking & what the experience is like for a first time submission:

I sent my first submission of 10 books in two tiers:  7 standard and 3 economy all are being pressed by CCS.

February 17th - The package was sent via USPS registered mail.  (Hint: Don’t seal the outside of your box, they make you remove all of the tape.)

March 1st  - USPS showed the package arrived around 5pm.

March 20th - At 6:30pm, (on Saturday no less) I received an email from CGC with a submission receipt.  (So 19 days from the time they received the package until the time it was opened.)

March 21st - The website listed two submissions under My Submissions.  One submission for the 7 Standard books and one for the 3 Economy books.

March 26th - I received an email and invoice from CCS for pressing the 7 Standard books.

April 7th - CCS finished pressing the 7 Standard books and CGC sent an email that they have received them.

April 15th - Submission tracking page now shows “Scheduled for Grading” under status for the 7 Standard books, and the submission number is now a hyperlink to the submission page that lists all of the books under that submission.  This is where the grades for each book will be posted.

April 16th - Received an email invoice for the grading cost minus the grading discount and the grading credit.

April 17th - Submission tracking page now shows “Grading/Quality Control” under status for the 7 Standard books.

If this is stupid, let me know and I'll stop...

Just thought I would give folks an idea about how long it is taking & what the experience is like for a first time submission:

March 1st  - USPS showed the package arrived around 5pm.

March 20th - At 6:30pm, (on Saturday no less) I received an email from CGC with a submission receipt.  (So 19 days from the time they received the package until the time it was opened.)

March 21st - The website listed two submissions under My Submissions.  One submission for the 7 Standard books and one for the 3 Economy books.

March 26th - I received an email and invoice from CCS for pressing the 7 Standard books.

April 15th - Submission tracking page now shows “Scheduled for Grading” under status for the 7 Standard books, and the submission number is now a hyperlink to the submission page that lists all of the books under that submission.  This is where the grades for each book will be posted.

April 16th - Received an email invoice for the grading cost minus the grading discount and the grading credit.

April 17th - Submission tracking page status now shows “Grading/Quality Control” under status for the 7 Standard books.

April 21st - Grading of the 7 Standard books is complete.  Grades and grader's notes are now listed for each book.  The line items are now hyperlinks that go to the Certification page for each book.

April 21st - Submission tracking page status now shows “Finalized / Imaged / Shipped" which itself is now a hyperlink to the shipping carrier.  Shipping date is filled in.

I hope this timeline helps.

Th' Th' Th' That's all folks....

So i was wondering - i sended a box of comics for the Tyrion signing, which were finally received a week ago. Since the deadline is soon - how is this done with the signing boxes? I hope they open them a bit faster, then normal ones Oo..

It was marked with the initials, as advised, but so far nothing has happened. Getting a bit worried.

4 hours ago, Greatwhite said:

My books were delivered by UPS on March 31. They were marked received today, April 28, so I am quite pleased. This is my first submission so I am eager to see how the pressing and grading turn out. 

Give us an update on the results when you get them back....... next year.

On 4/26/2021 at 2:09 PM, nekator said:

So i was wondering - i sended a box of comics for the Tyrion signing, which were finally received a week ago. Since the deadline is soon - how is this done with the signing boxes? I hope they open them a bit faster, then normal ones Oo..

It was marked with the initials, as advised, but so far nothing has happened. Getting a bit worried.

Signings should have a priority from what I heard. Its a big money maker for them, they shouldnt mess it up for you if you did as you were told to do.

On 4/6/2021 at 2:41 PM, Bonomead said:

Out of curiosity, do the walkthrough and express labeled boxes get opened faster?  Does anyone have any current experience with those?  Thanks in advance.

I have seen different answers. Some were rather quick but there has been a month wait at times as well.

Reading all these comments had me worrying as I haven’t submitted any books in a very long time. So here is my recent submission. 

2 books express 

5 books economy fast tracked

Shipped all books on 4/21/2021

Received and “scheduled for grading” 4/27/2021 

stoked 

Edited by retrothecollector

19 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Everyone's aware that CGC added package receipt confirmation (which is separate from the "Received" status) right?  I'm not sure how accurate it is, but if it works as intended, it should alleviate the question of "has CGC received my package?".

image.thumb.png.afdbd1e49731e310a50c2f1bfeca41ef.png

Thank you, didn't see that and will use to check on some recent submissions heading to FL as we speak. 

3 hours ago, Greatwhite said:

I really hope that is hyperbole...

It's not, at least it won't be when all is said and done depending on what you do. You can fastrack everything and choose no pressing from anywhere and it would be rather quick or you could send it to a presser who will then send it to CGC non fast tracked. Presser can have a 3 month wait, followed by a one month wait for CGC to get to your package, then start the countdown of 3.5 months if you take economy. So that's 6.5 months and we are about to hit may. So if I send my books in next week for the process to start, I'd get them back in January 2021 IF they don't increase turnaround times.