• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How long until the comic books I submitted for grading show up in "My Submissions?"
1 1

70 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2021 at 7:55 PM, Dadcoe1212 said:

... I wish CGC had some kind of a scan system you could print from their site when you complete the inventory order form and attach this "bar code" to the outside of your box they could scan in as the boxes arrive. This would be coded to your account and could simply say "your delivery was scanned into our warehouse" on submissions page. ...

Quotations around bar code or no hm, I totally agree.  I inserted the packing slip into one of two inner raw books inside boxes, just as CGC's shipping kit tutorial video indicates.  This, of course, means the submission can't be received until both the outer and an inner box are opened up.

In the mean time, I continue to wait for an update from the Sarasota Post Office.  Today the parcel will have been in an "in transit" status for a full two weeks.  I was asked to have patience nearly a week ago, and will be reaching back out to the USPO tomorrow to see if I can get any sort of an update.  At this point I've no true way of knowing if the package is stuck in an obscure holding area somewhere within the post office (if it is, I'm told it should be under lock & key as registered mail), if it's been delivered to CGC and is somewhere in a mountain of boxed & unopened submissions, or if it has been absconded by a dastardly villain with malicious intent (or worse yet accidentally smashed into crinkled pulp by a brutal piece of industrial-age transportation/shipping machinery, or some other unanticipated scenario).  It's in locations unknown at the moment.  Like many eager grade-seakers, I'd imagine, the carefully selected and bubble-wrapped books are some of the most prized in my collection.  So, anything that could be done to alleviate the anxiety that many folks seem to be experiencing while their submissions float through postal limbo untracked and/or unreceived would be so greatly appreciated.  A bar-coded CGC tracking label seems like a good idea.  2c   I'd trade the 9.8 CGC sticker from the shipping kit (and perhaps the pen that came along with it :)in a heartbeat for the peace-of-mind of knowing that my submission is safe and sound via expedient receipt confirmation.

To all who read, thanks for the therapy session.   :wishluck:

Edited by SargenticusV

I just sent my first batch of comics into and I am glad I did tracking and signature. They received it a few days ago and they are just now opening up Feb.15th batch. So I am hoping they open my box in late April or early May and maybe get it back in June or July. But really excited to see how they grade though!  :)

19 hours ago, SargenticusV said:

Quotations around bar code or no hm, I totally agree.  I inserted the packing slip into one of two inner raw books inside boxes, just as CGC's shipping kit tutorial video indicates.  This, of course, means the submission can't be received until both the outer and an inner box are opened up.

In the mean time, I continue to wait for an update from the Sarasota Post Office.  Today the parcel will have been in an "in transit" status for a full two weeks.  I was asked to have patience nearly a week ago, and will be reaching back out to the USPO tomorrow to see if I can get any sort of an update.  At this point I've no true way of knowing if the package is stuck in an obscure holding area somewhere within the post office (if it is, I'm told it should be under lock & key as registered mail), if it's been delivered to CGC and is somewhere in a mountain of boxed & unopened submissions, or if it has been absconded by a dastardly villain with malicious intent (or worse yet accidentally smashed into crinkled pulp by a brutal piece of industrial-age transportation/shipping machinery, or some other unanticipated scenario).  It's in locations unknown at the moment.  Like many eager grade-seakers, I'd imagine, the carefully selected and bubble-wrapped books are some of the most prized in my collection.  So, anything that could be done to alleviate the anxiety that many folks seem to be experiencing while their submissions float through postal limbo untracked and/or unreceived would be so greatly appreciated.  A bar-coded CGC tracking label seems like a good idea.  2c   I'd trade the 9.8 CGC sticker from the shipping kit (and perhaps the pen that came along with it :)in a heartbeat for the peace-of-mind of knowing that my submission is safe and sound via expedient receipt confirmation.

To all who read, thanks for the therapy session.   :wishluck:

:golfclap: Well stated

Edited by Eric Perry

Well this thread gives me some relief. My UPS tracking says my book was delivered Monday but I still haven't seen it under My Submissions as received, so I started freaking out. Looks like it's just going to be an extra long wait. 

2 hours ago, DanitaD said:

Well this thread gives me some relief. My UPS tracking says my book was delivered Monday but I still haven't seen it under My Submissions as received, so I started freaking out. Looks like it's just going to be an extra long wait. 

I know! I started this thread almost 10 days ago for the comics I sent through UPS on March 5th! Like another person said, they really should implement a scanning feature just to let you know the package arrived at their warehouse. I’m pretty patient, but I just want to know they have it and I am actually waiting for them to grade it. 

Just thought I would give folks an idea about how long it is taking:

I sent my first submission of 10 books in two tiers:  7 standard and 3 economy all are being pressed by CCS.

February 17th - The package was sent via USPS registered mail.  (Hint: Don’t seal the outside of your box, they make you remove all of the tape.)

March 1st  - USPS showed the package arrived around 5pm.

March 20th - At 6:30pm, (on Saturday no less) I received an email from CGC with a submission receipt.

March 21st - The website listed my submissions under My Submissions

March 26th - I received an email and invoice from CCS for the 7 Standard books.

That’s it so far. I hope this helps...

Edited by MPH1964
Fat fingers and old eyes

On 3/17/2021 at 12:45 PM, ExNihilo said:

Yes, the clock for turnaround times starts once the package appears as "Received" in the system.  Bear in mind, it is shown in Business days (so exclude weekends and holidays).  Also, the TAT is an estimate.  You might get your books back sooner.  You might get them back later.  Also, best to exclude the days in transit back to you since USPS Registered Mail can take a week at times to deliver (which is odd since Priority Mail is delivered in two days).

I have had the received message for over three months; when will my order be mailed out?  Isnt there an internal tracking process?  Just wondering about a more precise date of delivery than some time in the future.  Regards, Dr. Arthur H Tafero - professional grader - Give my regards to James Beckett

2 hours ago, Dr. Arthur H Tafero said:

I have had the received message for over three months; when will my order be mailed out?  Isnt there an internal tracking process?  Just wondering about a more precise date of delivery than some time in the future.  Regards, Dr. Arthur H Tafero - professional grader - Give my regards to James Beckett

3 months seems excessive.  What service did you submit for?  Might be time to call them and see where your book is at (assuming it's not one of those services that's currently listed with a 70+ day TAT or CCS pressing).

I wanted to add my timeline to help out those out there still waiting.

USPS marked the package as received on March 9.

CGC logged my submission as "Scheduled for Grading" on March 31 (it went from no submissions straight to "Scheduled for Grading").

I understand the delays and high volumes being an issue, but I feel the turnaround times need to be adjusted(standard just went from 17 to 19 days). Instead of when the books are logged in the time frame should really start when the books are received by CGC. Or, have an update of when orders will be opened. I find it a little disingenuous that the turnaround times are now 19 business for standard BUT it takes at least 2-3 weeks to have them even logged into their system. As someone else mentioned, would be great to at least get an e-mail that the books were received and are waiting to be logged in.

After checking the USPO shipping status on a nearly daily basis since March 9th, the status of my package has now changed from in-transit to DELIVERED!  :banana: 
On April 1st, no less.  VERY FUNNY gang.  This after re-opening an initial service request (because I'd discovered it had been closed, for some unbeknownst and unfathomable reason) and escalating to the district office.  I've got my fingers crossed for the return trip! 

Now the real wait begins.  An estimated ~108 (working) days for a quickpress, and another ~51 days for Modern grading turnaround.  That's roughly 32 weeks, or 8-ish months (not including holidays), for anyone who's counting.  Aaaaanticipaaaatiooon...   :whistle:   Perhaps a bring-in-the-new-year celebratory event in the making, if all goes well.

For now, I'll settle with the absolute elation that those well traveled comic books are no longer stuck in a dark & dank corner of the PO, haven't been pinched by porch pirates, and have indeed escaped (narrowly or otherwise) any sort of menacing & mysterious mauling.  Of course if they all come back with grades of 1 or 2, I'll know this to have been a terribly false assumption. 

Good luck, all!

Edited by SargenticusV

Perhaps, but that's not the way CGC made it sound back on the 24th. 

Thank you for your email, if your tracking does not show as delivered, then it would not be at our location.  Once your tracking shows as delivered the below would apply:
Processing of orders generally runs 10-20 business days from delivery depending on submission volume. 
CGC Comics is currently processing deliveries that arrived the week of: 3/1

So, it'll likely be another three weeks-ish before CGC confirms receipt.
Edited by SargenticusV

New to grading so sorry if my question is dumb.  I'm curious if the wait times have always been this long or is it due to the recent market hotness or covid?

Edited by jamesLog

I'm pretty new here also but from what I've been reading it has gotten a lot worse lately. CGC comments about this periodically that they are working to improve the speed and hire/train staff. Once it gets opened and logged I read the wait can be a few months.

I'm curious what people think of fast tracking your books. It doesn't increase the speed in which your books are logged but it does cut your return wait time in half. Do people see the value in that model? 

If your a collector and your having books slabbed for your personal collection does the wait matter? If you are having books slabbed with the hope of reselling them the whole process is a gamble. your gambling on the potential grade, your gambling on the book getting back to you soon enough to flip it unless you are so liquid wait times are irrelevant. And 10 extra bucks a book can be just more loss or profit.

People will argue that you should have a pretty good idea of what the book is worth if you are a collector hoping to resale, but I have seen enough videos of professional comic book buyers/sellers getting a lower grade then they anticipated to know there is now way to be sure 100%. The only way to be sure of the grade is to open the return box from CGC.