• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie w/oddball question
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Totally new here, so be gentle. I'm dating myself with this, for sure, but was wondering if anyone remembers this comics dealer and whether he's still around. Gary Heiden was his name, was popular in the NYC area in the late 70s/early 80s. Would mail out meticulously-typed price lists (still have mine -- check out Iron Man #1 for $10).

Anyway, I realize this is a sorta weird way to introduce myself, but there you have it! Would appreciate any intel from graybeards here for whom this may ring a bell. No special reason for asking, just that I recently came across my old copy of his price list and found myself wishing I'd bought Batman #23 for $17 when I had the chance ...

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1370.jpeg

12 minutes ago, comicjack said:

A simple time to purchase books and you never knew what to expect when they came :smile:

That’s for sure. I recall I’d reached out to this dealer looking for Sgt. Rock and Weird War issues, and he sent me back a handwritten note trying to sell me instead on 1947 Popped Wheat sets.

75C197A7-54BA-47D1-AE67-7F103D1BBCD7.jpeg

1 minute ago, Grottu said:

That’s for sure. I recall I’d reached out to this dealer looking for Sgt. Rock and Weird War issues, and he sent me back a handwritten note trying to sell me instead on 1947 Popped Wheat sets.

75C197A7-54BA-47D1-AE67-7F103D1BBCD7.jpeg

The age of written letters and texting was a long way in the future very refreshing