• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyers Beware on an upcoming HiBid Auction of GA High Grade/Mile High Books
1 1

7 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, C. Spaulding said:

I had been watching those books as well and at least the Punch book can be tracked directly to a very established registry set/owner. Sometimes the registry entries get outdated but another piece of information to consider before bidding.

I did not realize that - Thanks for sharing. I think I will reach out to HiBid to share the information, just so many red flags. The auctioneer doesn't even accept payment through HiBid and note that they don't accept Amex.

Here's a paragraph pulled from a David Bowie blog where someone spent £3000 on a forgery.

"Parr prefers bank transfer only in his transactions but by  a stroke of luck the successful businessman had been allowed on this occasion to purchase the. painting by American Express and was able to claim a refund back from the credit card company. Needless to say, Parr made the whole return transaction as difficult as possible and under his guise of Samantha Brown sent several emails in his familiar illiterate, aggressive style."

https://davidbowieautograph.com/blog/f/kristen-leigh-auctions-simon-parr