• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flippers, scalpers, and sellers. Oh my!
1 1

44 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

Duly noted, I'll be putting work in here for sure! This is a clean forum. The thread I'm working on is "What we're grading and why", hopefully people offer their insight, every card has a reason. I'm thrilled that the trading card aspect of the forum is so fresh, lots to work with, this whole thing is just getting started. Cheers for the great ideas

Your thread should do well.  We don't all grade for value or for flipping.  We might very well grade something because it has sentimental value.

If you poke around the comic forum you'll find all kinds of thread ideas that are transferable to the card forum.

32 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Your thread should do well.  We don't all grade for value or for flipping.  We might very well grade something because it has sentimental value.

If you poke around the comic forum you'll find all kinds of thread ideas that are transferable to the card forum.

Id just like some logical explanation on why people feel the need to spend money to put an old card in a plastic container if not for resale value. Why is a binder not good enough? And slabs tend to take up more space than binders and are harder to scroll through. Do people on here just have so much money that they need to find ways to waste it? Since I know some hungry kids overseas who could use some of it lol.

55 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Id just like some logical explanation on why people feel the need to spend money to put an old card in a plastic container if not for resale value. Why is a binder not good enough? And slabs tend to take up more space than binders and are harder to scroll through. Do people on here just have so much money that they need to find ways to waste it? Since I know some hungry kids overseas who could use some of it lol.

Why are you so testy about this issue? You are a comic collector, what stake do you have in a bunch of people doing something you have no interest in, let alone expect people to engage you in any sensible manner? Entitled much