• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milehigh CGC collection at 40% off....

9 posts in this topic

Well just received Chuck's latest newsletter and this time he's discounting all his CGC graded books to the tune of 40% off...

Took a look around

Chuck's Discount Shack

and couldn't help feeling that :

a) There are not that many keys in his CGC collection

b) Even with the huge reduction, prices still are loony....

Secret Wars #8 9.6 at $76.00(after reduction) ?? Yeah right, not a single copy has breached the $40.00 on eBay lately...

Hmmmm....O.K. call me silly, but I did buy the CFD books he was offering. I feel pretty safe with CGC and the darn things don't come up on eBay in CGC very often (yes, there is one now - and I'm watching it!).

Couple of others too. Would have liked to go for the Gold Key Star Treks, but just too far out of my range for those.

Since he says he gets more overseas business than probably any other dealer, I always look at his books and figure they're priced for foreign buyers who have trouble finding places to buy comics in the US, or for American "investors" who put zero time into researching prices.

Better sell off some of those properties your dad gave you then! You've got an E-Commerce web site, a TON of advertising, and quite an original-owner-pedigree find to go before you get the reputation Mile High does. Chuck wrote in his CBG articles that he spent a bunch of his early income from the Mile Highs on advertising.

Yeh but if I just want to attract foreigners I'd just advertise over there, no biggie. I'd assume by now most of them, just like us, are getting sick of the grave misgrades his company currently puts out there.

Brian