• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think - good deal or bad?

13 posts in this topic

Because no one gives a rat's [!@#%^&^] about Transformers: Armada #1. I figured if Darth's Origin #1 in 10.0 can sell for $2,000, a 10.0 issue of #3 should be worth at least $400. I think I'll try and flip it when I get it and see what happens.

I think paying a super premium for any books released in the last ten years or so (with a few exceptions) is ludicrous. A silver age, bronze age, or even something from the mid-late 80's in that shape should demand a huge premium, but there is just too much ungraded stuff out there in perfect shape. I think it is insane to pay a huge premium for a 10 over a 9.8 as the difference is a judgement call at best. Once you get to 9.8 (even some 9.6's) you have pretty much a perfect book. On any given day, a 10 could be sent back and be graded a 9.8 or 9.9. Conversely, if someone has graded nothing but lower grade books all day and is all of a sudden shown a 9.8, they might see it as a 9.9 or a 10. There must be hundreds (if not thousands) of 9.8 quality Origin #3's out there. And when all is said and done, this is just a miniseries for a character with too many of them. Only a select few mini series ever remain important (like the original Wolverine mini or Dark Knight returns). I would buy a raw copy of this book for a few bucks and spend the rest elsewhere. I use CGC as a guide to help me buy high quality books, but IMHO I consider this type of purchase to be someone just buying the slab.