• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Batman Thread
4 4

469 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2023 at 11:46 AM, steelcity said:

Hope you are pleased with the grades. Great page quality!

I would have to say I was pleasantly surprised by both grades. Two different stories for these books however. I checked my notes and found I picked up TEC 279 back in 2005 at the LCS for a reasonable price. Issue 236 was another matter. I must have searched for at least 5 years, finding quite a few around good to VG. When I finally spotted this copy it was a quick decision to pull the trigger and buy it.  Oddly the book was not priced nearly as high as I was expecting, proving once again that Silver Age DC is underappreciated.    

I’m surprised that the label on #236 didn’t mention the 1st appearance of the Bat-Tank

On 1/14/2023 at 10:23 AM, frozentundraguy said:

I would have to say I was pleasantly surprised by both grades. Two different stories for these books however. I checked my notes and found I picked up TEC 279 back in 2005 at the LCS for a reasonable price. Issue 236 was another matter. I must have searched for at least 5 years, finding quite a few around good to VG. When I finally spotted this copy it was a quick decision to pull the trigger and buy it.  Oddly the book was not priced nearly as high as I was expecting, proving once again that Silver Age DC is underappreciated.    

On 1/14/2023 at 12:38 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

What were the other appearances that you know of @frozentundraguy?  The first time I ever saw a Bat-Tank was when I was a kid in the 80’s.

7DEC8662-48FF-424A-AB0F-FA26B4038343.png

36A696DB-2B1A-4EE5-9AEA-FCDF111FF7ED.png

From my quick search a few weeks ago I had found the tank next appeared in the 80's, but do not know which issue or issues.  I only own a couple of issues of Detective Comics that are Bronze age or newer. (shrug)

On 1/14/2023 at 8:38 AM, frozentundraguy said:

Thanks @Frisco Larson (thumbsu one of these days I might have to get my copy of Detective Comics 332 graded.

scan0767.jpg

Wait, before you send it in, is it a good read? Mine has been slabbed the entire time I've owned it, so I've never been able to thumb thru it. 

On 1/14/2023 at 1:34 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Wait, before you send it in, is it a good read? Mine has been slabbed the entire time I've owned it, so I've never been able to thumb thru it. 

Good point. I read it when I acquired it about 7 or 8 years ago, so a re-read would be in order. (thumbsu