• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Batman Thread
4 4

469 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2023 at 8:05 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

And the last group...

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 13-05-23 World's Finest.png

Thanks for showing your World’s Finest collection. A few other collectors here have complete DC runs, such as board member Silver, and book arrays are always impressive to see. I used to have unbroken runs too, but many years ago sold my lower graded copies without having replacement copies. Not my best plan.

On 1/17/2023 at 3:18 AM, steelcity said:

Thanks for showing your World’s Finest collection. A few other collectors here have complete DC runs, such as board member Silver, and book arrays are always impressive to see. I used to have unbroken runs too, but many years ago sold my lower graded copies without having replacement copies. Not my best plan.

The last time I tried to be a DC run collector was in the 60s.  I stopped buying them around 1970, and just settled for what I had.  I've picked up a few recently to fill in some gaps, but they have to be very inexpensive for me to that.  In 1973 I became a Spiderman collector and tried to complete that run.  I got close...I missed getting a #1 and 14.  I was too frugal.  :facepalm:  In the late 70s and 80s I just concentrated on Spiderman.  Then in 1993 I bought one of the Photo Journals and got sucked back into Golden Age.  I've been there ever since, but not aggressive enough. 

On 1/17/2023 at 11:50 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

The last time I tried to be a DC run collector was in the 60s.  I stopped buying them around 1970, and just settled for what I had.  I've picked up a few recently to fill in some gaps, but they have to be very inexpensive for me to that.  In 1973 I became a Spiderman collector and tried to complete that run.  I got close...I missed getting a #1 and 14.  I was too frugal.  :facepalm:  In the late 70s and 80s I just concentrated on Spiderman.  Then in 1993 I bought one of the Photo Journals and got sucked back into Golden Age.  I've been there ever since, but not aggressive enough. 

It must have been great fun putting together the Spider-Man run. Hope you still have those books. If you do have them perhaps you might still acquire the two missing ones? Have you posted all the run here on the boards? 

On 1/18/2023 at 4:54 AM, steelcity said:

It must have been great fun putting together the Spider-Man run. Hope you still have those books. If you do have them perhaps you might still acquire the two missing ones? Have you posted all the run here on the boards? 

I put all my Silver Spidey's in the Amazing Spiderman thread starting on pg. 682, and it starts with #2 and goes for a couple pages to the end of the 12 centers.  I have not posted my Bronze or Copper issues yet.  My run stops with #401.  And, yes, I still have all of them, except for my AF15 which I sold in 2021.  As for getting #1 or #14...I think those boats sailed a long time ago. :facepalm:

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

On 1/19/2023 at 4:43 AM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I put all my Silver Spidey's in the Amazing Spiderman thread starting on pg. 282, and it starts with #2 and goes for a couple pages to the end of the 12 centers.  I have not posted my Bronze or Copper issues yet.  My run stops with #401.  And, yes, I still have all of them, except for my AF15 which I sold in 2021.  As for getting #1 or #14...I think those boats sailed a long time ago. :facepalm:

I will certainly take a look at your Spider-Man run.