• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No Cover

6 posts in this topic

Tricks,

What do you think of the No Covers?

I kind of like it.   See my pics below.

They could make killer sketch pieces.  

Mine came with the new Spider issue.

Are they even gradeable?  If yes, I'd think entirely separate from a comic.

Patrick

20210321_180453.jpg

This is on Non-Stop Spider Man #1, yes? I'm curious what CGC's philosophy is going to be with this book and its myriad cover layers (traditional cover inside die-cut cover inside "no-cover"). I know Marvel's thinking here is that die-cut covers have historically not done well in shipping, and this is an effort to ensure they arrive in collectors'/readers' hands undamaged. I haven't actually held one of these myself. The no-cover is attached to the book, yes?

If so, I view this like Bizarre Sex #4, where the white retailer protection cover is considered a mandatory part of the book for grading purposes.

15 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

This is on Non-Stop Spider Man #1, yes? I'm curious what CGC's philosophy is going to be with this book and its myriad cover layers (traditional cover inside die-cut cover inside "no-cover"). I know Marvel's thinking here is that die-cut covers have historically not done well in shipping, and this is an effort to ensure they arrive in collectors'/readers' hands undamaged. I haven't actually held one of these myself. The no-cover is attached to the book, yes?

If so, I view this like Bizarre Sex #4, where the white retailer protection cover is considered a mandatory part of the book for grading purposes.

It is Non-Stop Spider-Man #1 and it is a slip cover that is not attached.

Just now, Crops068 said:

It is Non-Stop Spider-Man #1 and it is a slip cover that is not attached.

Ah, okay. That means it's very much not like Bizarre Sex #4. If it doesn't come attached, CGC won't grade it ... or at least, won't grade it with the book. The rule is usually pretty distinct: if it came attached, it has to be there; if it didn't come attached, it won't be included in the slab.

I suppose they might grade it separately, but that's definitely something I'd contact them about before paying for shipping.

11 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

Ah, okay. That means it's very much not like Bizarre Sex #4. If it doesn't come attached, CGC won't grade it ... or at least, won't grade it with the book. The rule is usually pretty distinct: if it came attached, it has to be there; if it didn't come attached, it won't be included in the slab.

I suppose they might grade it separately, but that's definitely something I'd contact them about before paying for shipping.

I am sure it is just protective covering.  I picked up the book without a cover (not knowing about the cover originally) from a LCS then ended up getting a 2nd copy from my primary LCS with a cover.  Some shops did what Marvel intended and removed them, others didn't and kept them together as that is what collectors would want.

I am sure CGC will treat it like a COA or anything else not attached at manufacturing and just ignore/discard it.

Discarding would be a real shame.  It feels a bit different from things like a polybag.

Would be great if they graded separately.

Unrelated note: much love to my Boulder people, responders, and the affected families.  😢

Patrick