• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Secret Wars #8 - CGC 9.8 ?
3 3

27 posts in this topic

You need to take it out of the bag to for us to tell what grade we might think it is. I don't think it's a 9.8 from what I see. Theres a couple of color breaking tics on the bottom left fc. And we also need a pic of the back.

I'm gonna throw a dart and hit 9.4 here, because I think there are some problems with the bottom left corner. But, honestly, it's going to be impossible to estimate a grade on this, especially with any accuracy in the 9.0+ range, while it's in that mylar because that just does not allow it to be photographed cleanly enough. Just as an example, in several pictures, I thought there was a bit of color rub in Reed Richard's black ink at the spine. But... I don't think that's real; I think that's an imaging artifact caused by reflections from the mylar. Similarly, is there a color breaking tick near the bottom of the UPC? I sure think so, but you could probably argue either way in a couple of these photos.

So, basically, I'm saying this book is "nice" but that's about all I can commit to with what I've got to work with here.

Yeah, still hard to see clearly with pics vs scans. Top edge back cover 'might' have some rumpling?

Nice book; I'd probably submit it but don't think there's any screaming rush.