• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Declared Values for CGC Submission

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new to CGC. For the submission process, it asks for a declared value for item, and I am going to submit a quantity of 4 of the same item, what do I put as the declared value? Do I put as the amount of copies * expected declared value for one, do I put the declared value as if I were to send one copy to CGC?

Thanks, any help is appreciated!

I've also been confused over this.  It seems when I put a value on 2 of the same item, CGC totals it as if both were the same value - though they are different grades.  For instance, let's say I have fictional title "Z-Man" #1 in NM and VF condition.  NM value is $100.  VF is $25.  So on my form I put $125.  I've noticed on the final invoice that it comes out as "$125.00 x Quantity: 2 = Value: $250.00"

By this reasoning, I should have put value at $62.50, so that it multiplies by two to make $125?  

That is certainly a roundabout and inaccurate way of doing this.  

7 minutes ago, djzombi said:

I've also been confused over this.  It seems when I put a value on 2 of the same item, CGC totals it as if both were the same value - though they are different grades.  For instance, let's say I have fictional title "Z-Man" #1 in NM and VF condition.  NM value is $100.  VF is $25.  So on my form I put $125.  I've noticed on the final invoice that it comes out as "$125.00 x Quantity: 2 = Value: $250.00"

By this reasoning, I should have put value at $62.50, so that it multiplies by two to make $125?  

That is certainly a roundabout and inaccurate way of doing this.  

Also did you fill out the variant part of the submission?

11 hours ago, djzombi said:

Personally I would've just put the book in twice individually on your submission form, one at value 100 and one at 25 and then just make sure you put them in that order with your submission form when you go to pack them. 

On 3/27/2021 at 8:20 AM, Devin Colman said:

Personally I would've just put the book in twice individually on your submission form, one at value 100 and one at 25 and then just make sure you put them in that order with your submission form when you go to pack them. 

Thanks for the tip!  Will definitely do that next time.