• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you trade?
3 3

74 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

That's a tough question, it was hard to let some of those books go and I got $1200 in value for the NM 98 and a week later the buyer sold it for $2500. At that point I was like, I may have lost this trade in short term gains, then over the past 48hrs two X-Men 1 5.5 sold for 32.5k and 25.6k respectively. I mean I could sell the X-Men now at a very healthy profit but that's not my end game, I'm in it for long term investment. And I don't put all my eggs into one basket ect

The x-men 1 has doubled in price since you traded?

1 minute ago, Namtak said:

Its interesting because i would not have done that, its fascinating.iconic joker cover for me lose against batman 28,the history of post ww2 wins over modern for me,the story of batman helping reformed criminal has a bigger meaning than a classic joker cover

Yeah definitely the age of the book is a factor for me...the joker cover is nice but GA batman....

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

The x-men 1 has doubled in price since you traded?

Yeah....15.5k I paid

Two recent sales

Comiclink 25.6k

GPA recorded 32k

Tbh I didn't actually pay 15.5k

I traded the books on 90 day GPA average which was about 3k more then what I originally paid....so I got the X-Men for about 12k

Edited by Hollywood1892

3 minutes ago, DTM700 said:

I would make both trades, for the X-men 1 and the ASM 300.  Personally, I’m happier with the bigger grails in my collection than the minor ones. Over time, I’m more willing to part with and have less affection for my minor keys.

My wife is worried about selling higher priced books when we look to move off the collection ..but I don't see it that way

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

My wife is worried about selling higher priced books when we look to move off the collection ..but I don't see it that way

Worried about what? How easy it is to sell? Being scammed? Getting fair market value?

I think if you were sell on the boards, or through ComicLink, Heritage, Comic connect, etc., you have very little to worry about. (thumbsu

5 hours ago, Namtak said:

Trade batman 28 for this

20210327_112010.jpg

20210327_112015.jpg

No way on Earth. Maybe on another, alternate Earth but damn sure not this one.

But I am one of the ones that never loved this Joker cover or found it special. What the market thinks matters more but as grading becomes more popular a lot of 9.8 Tec 880s will continue to come online. I think Batman 28 in that condition is just way, way rarer than a minty new comic, even if the print run wasn't huge at this stage

IMO OFC

Edited by BoogieWoogie

19 minutes ago, piper said:

Yes to the XM1 trade and No to the ASM 300.

I don't know....I like Venom and I only had to give up 1 silver age book for it, but the EOSV keeps going up....why wouldn't you make the deal?

I forgot about the Teen Titans 

I like that book...I only paid about $300 for it, but it sells a lot higher nowadays.

I mean I wouldn't buy books then immediately trade them, so I'm getting more then what I paid

Edited by Hollywood1892

26 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

No way on Earth. Maybe on another, alternate Earth but damn sure not this one.

But I am one of the ones that never loved this Joker cover or found it special. What the market thinks matters more but as grading becomes more popular a lot of 9.8 Tec 880s will continue to come online. I think Batman 28 in that condition is just way, way rarer than a minty new comic, even if the print run wasn't huge at this stage

IMO OFC

Those are both mine never exchanche anyting,that batman 28 cost me 600$ 10 years ago,the detective 880 i pai 30 $,it was a 6.5,pressed it slabbed it ,9.8,because all the crease and flaws was on white!just saying how much easy it is to have in nm condition against a ga batman lol,but detective 880 is almost more expensive these day,not yet but almost,food for tought :makepoint:

14 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I don't know....I like Venom and I only had to give up 1 silver age book for it, but the EOSV keeps going up....why wouldn't you make the deal?

I forgot about the Teen Titans 

I like that book...I only paid about $300 for it, but it sells a lot higher nowadays.

I mean I wouldn't buy books then immediately trade them, so I'm getting more then what I paid

You are happy thats all it counts,but iron man 1and x men 121 9.8 ,are you mad!lol no jugement i understand your point of view.

Edited by Namtak

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

I paid $600+grading fees for the Ironman, and I got $1100 in trade value

Not juging you man,you see money i see more ,thats all.i take in acount the story art and love for the books,and nostalgie wins over copper and modern age,but thats my crazy point of view lol

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

No problem 

I love the feedback 

:tink:

But good for you,my asm 300 is cgc 9.2 and paid 150 shipping included and im from Canada so shipping aint cheap.its been 11 years but hey i did not evolve with the time.past experience add to our choices i guess.