• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever given the wrong one that made it hurt?????
2 2

76 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, god503 said:

Kinda have to tell the story you know... :shy:

Hope it's worth it.

7 minutes ago, god503 said:

thats because i would never be the recipient of the honesty.  Born and raised in NYC... maybe thats why...

Could be. Could be. I don't buy the whole karma thing at all. Any given situation has a better chance of going south for me than it does north. So, it's just a matter of being aware of it and holding up my end. At least I will be able to live with myself. If it were a matter of a $20 difference I may not have called. But it was the difference of $200. I thought it merited a call. I just am not going to rip someone off if I can help it. And in that event - to use your words - it turned out that I was the recipient of my own honesty.

4 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Could be. Could be. I don't buy the whole karma thing at all. Any given situation has a better chance of going south for me than it does north. So, it's just a matter of being aware of it and holding up my end. At least I will be able to live with myself. If it were a matter of a $20 difference I may not have called. But it was the difference of $200. I thought it merited a call. I just am not going to rip someone off if I can help it. And in that event - to use your words - it turned out that I was the recipient of my own honesty.

Karma isnt a matter of supernatural forces gettin payback but more a matter of the type of person you are kind of drives the things that happen to you.  

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Karma isnt a matter of supernatural forces gettin payback but more a matter of the type of person you are kind of drives the things that happen to you.  

karma is the one thing that i totally believe in.  Ive seen plenty of people in my life time "pay" for there good fortune... 

2 minutes ago, god503 said:

karma is the one thing that i totally believe in.  Ive seen plenty of people in my life time "pay" for there good fortune... 

It exists but it's a psychological, not a supernatural force.  It's entirely possible for someone to say do one terrible thing and never pay for it.  If they have a mean, selfish personality, they will pay for that.

1 minute ago, kav said:

It exists but it's a psychological, not a supernatural force.  It's entirely possible for someone to say do one terrible thing and never pay for it.  If they have a mean, selfish personality, they will pay for that.

In the technical sense you are correct.  But as someone who has a science background and knows all the million of things that HAD to go right for us to exist, gives me credence at a minimum to believe that "God is just a kid with an ant farm..."

3 minutes ago, god503 said:

In the technical sense you are correct.  But as someone who has a science background and knows all the million of things that HAD to go right for us to exist, gives me credence at a minimum to believe that "God is just a kid with an ant farm..."

Only one thing had to go right-God existing.
After that everything followed.

13 minutes ago, god503 said:

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, so the energy we put out into the world does not simply dissipate...

Just now, HotKey said:

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, so the energy we put out into the world does not simply dissipate...

we don't put energy into the world.  we take what's there, rearrange it for our use and then turn back into raw material.  wash and repeat

3 minutes ago, HotKey said:

The different types of energy that cannot be created or destroyed include thermal energy, radiant energy, chemical energy, nuclear energy, electrical energy, motion energy, sound energy, elastic energy and gravitational energy.  

3 minutes ago, kav said:

The different types of energy that cannot be created or destroyed include thermal energy, radiant energy, chemical energy, nuclear energy, electrical energy, motion energy, sound energy, elastic energy and gravitational energy.  

When they create antimatter with the LHC then watch out!

1 minute ago, god503 said:

When they create antimatter with the LHC then watch out!

Thats what she said!

Anyway they have already created antimatter-they inject it into people for PET scans!!!!

14 minutes ago, god503 said:

we don't put energy into the world.  we take what's there, rearrange it for our use and then turn back into raw material.  wash and repeat

We take in energy (calories), process that energy and then expend it.

What happens to the caloric energy?

Just now, HotKey said:

We take in energy (calories), process that energy and then expend it.

What happens to the caloric energy?

everyone does this-it has no relation to karma.  There's not good calories and evil calories in that sense.