• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever given the wrong one that made it hurt?????
2 2

76 posts in this topic

So i was just filing away some CGC returns when something popped in my head when I came across my hulk 181.  I have an 8.0 yellow label up for sale on ebay.  I also own a 9.2 yellow label.  I actually froze for a second as the thought of me ACCIDENTLY sending my 9.2 instead of the 8 to the eventually buyer since i have the books in alphabetical order.  I wonder if any of you have made an upgrade for a total stranger???

Edited by god503

2 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

I never did that but had it happen to me. I ordered a x4 signed DKIII in 9.6. When I opened the mail, it was a 9.8 copy. I called the dealer (I guess it's ok. Greg Reece) and told him that there was a mistake and I ordered a 9.6 and a 9.8 was sent. Said I would be sending it back and he could just send along the 9.6 when he got the 9.8 back. He was sort of surprised and said "We don't see that kind of honesty much anymore. Go ahead and keep it." I pressed him again and said I will be happy to send it back and he said "Don't worry about it." I said "Thanks very much!" and bid him good day. So, I buy from them whenever I can.

You a better person than me, that for sure...

3 minutes ago, god503 said:

I once told a seller they accidentally put an Action #1 in the Jimmy Olsen lot I bought and bought an Action #1 and sent it to him!  :acclaim:

9 minutes ago, god503 said:

Really? I hate it when I find out I made a mistake that cost me. Wish others had contacted me and said "Hey guess what?" Given a "do-over". Doesn't happen much. Doesn't cost anything to do the right thing.

I was bidding on two eBay lots from a seller and won one but lost the other. When the lot I won arrived, it was the lot I had lost. I messaged the guy about the mix up (it was the better lot and I assumed the other guy would be upset) but he said the other guy left positive feedback and was happy so to keep it. 

I can’t remember what was in the lot though....was a number of years back.

I was once on the wrong side of this as a buyer....a seller had a Torchy #4 up on eBay; I bought it. He then contacted me that he had sent it to the person who bought his Torchy 2 (instead of the Torchy 2). 
I doubts he was bs’ing to not sell me the book; worked with me on subsequent purchases including a Jeep #1. Very fair in his dealings, was selling his dad’s collection and I do believe he simply sent the wrong (arguably better, more expensive) book to the Torchy 2 buyer.

2 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Really? I hate it when I find out I made a mistake that cost me. Wish others had contacted me and said "Hey guess what?" Given a "do-over". Doesn't happen much. Doesn't cost anything to do the right thing.

thats because i would never be the recipient of the honesty.  Born and raised in NYC... maybe thats why...

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

I was bidding on two eBay lots from a seller and won one but lost the other. When the lot I won arrived, it was the lot I had lost. I messaged the guy about the mix up (it was the better lot and I assumed the other guy would be upset) but he said the other guy left positive feedback and was happy so to keep it. 

I can’t remember what was in the lot though....was a number of years back.

everyone happy makes it all good

Just now, followtheleader said:

Haven't read anything but the title of the thread. 

Sure have. 

Patrick

Kinda have to tell the story you know... :shy: