• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM SLABBED Avengers #1
1 1

30 posts in this topic

I'm thinking that since it is complete it should mean something, but maybe that alone doesn't warrant above .5?

It has "tape", but the .5's online that I see, are "incomplete" under the label....

So idk what I should think of this'n

I've had several comments that it would grade slightly higher, but thoughts? 

2021_03_30 5_38 PM Office Lens.jpg

2021_03_30 5_40 PM Office Lens.jpg

30 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm thinking that since it is complete it should mean something, but maybe that alone doesn't warrant above .5?

It has "tape", but the .5's online that I see, are "incomplete" under the label....

So idk what I should think of this'n

I've had several comments that it would grade slightly higher, but thoughts? 

2021_03_30 5_38 PM Office Lens.jpg

2021_03_30 5_40 PM Office Lens.jpg

Have you checked if cgc left a note on it by entering the code?

Edited by Namtak

Just now, Namtak said:

Have you checked if cgc left a note on it by entering the code?

you image.thumb.png.ce9109dee3a6381bb3b7599c4edd7d36.pnghave to pay for those, if they're not your own books, but it does have them....

This is your receipt for your purchase of grader notes.

CERTIFICATION DETAILS  

Certification Number :   1286681001
Grade Date :   01/29/2016
Title :   Avengers
Issue :   1
Issue Date :   9/63
Publisher :   Marvel Comics
Variant :   
Pedigree :   
Category :   Signature
Grade :   0.5
Page Quality :   OFF-WHITE
Grade Text :   SIGNED BY STAN LEE ON 10/31/15 (Tape on cover & interior cover.)

Art Comments :   Stan Lee story
    Jack Kirby & Ayers cover & art
Key Comments :   Origin & 1st appearance of the Avengers.
    Fantastic Four, Loki &
    Teen Brigade appearance.
Issue Year :   1963
Grader Notes :   Whole Book Multiple Bend Breaks Color
    Whole Book Multiple Tear

Whole Book Wear

@F For Fake

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

Start a GoFundMe. I'm in for a quarter.  :makepoint: 

lol I had to hand someone their shaved ice, lol I just got back haha but they're listed above 2c

It's criminal that they charge $5 for that piddly little bit of info. Oh well.

LIke i said in CG, looks like a 1.0 to me, based on other 1.0s I've had. I was wondering if it was missing something, but since it's complete, i dunno, I'm surprised it's not a 1.0.

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is your receipt for your purchase of grader notes.

CERTIFICATION DETAILS  

Certification Number :   1286681001
Grade Date :   01/29/2016
Title :   Avengers
Issue :   1
Issue Date :   9/63
Publisher :   Marvel Comics
Variant :   
Pedigree :   
Category :   Signature
Grade :   0.5
Page Quality :   OFF-WHITE
Grade Text :   SIGNED BY STAN LEE ON 10/31/15 (Tape on cover & interior cover.)

Art Comments :   Stan Lee story
    Jack Kirby & Ayers cover & art
Key Comments :   Origin & 1st appearance of the Avengers.
    Fantastic Four, Loki &
    Teen Brigade appearance.
Issue Year :   1963
Grader Notes :   Whole Book Multiple Bend Breaks Color
    Whole Book Multiple Tear

Whole Book Wear

@F For Fake

Looks bad from what its written the inside has tears too might be big tears and bend,you know what press it by cgc they will have to regrade it and i think that for a book like that it deserve a little love:luhv:

If the cover is brittle at all (looks a bit brown around the edges) I'm afraid a press would do more harm than good. And if there's a reason they didn't include in the notes which would explain WHY it was a .5 rather than a 1.0, i don't think those bends would really help the grade. Usually a .5 means something is missing, or it's just a complete rag. This looks better than that to me, but I don't know that pressing is going to help the things that got it at that grade to begin with, and may cause more damage. Just my two cents! I'd call in one of the experts around here!

31 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

If the cover is brittle at all (looks a bit brown around the edges) I'm afraid a press would do more harm than good. And if there's a reason they didn't include in the notes which would explain WHY it was a .5 rather than a 1.0, i don't think those bends would really help the grade. Usually a .5 means something is missing, or it's just a complete rag. This looks better than that to me, but I don't know that pressing is going to help the things that got it at that grade to begin with, and may cause more damage. Just my two cents! I'd call in one of the experts around here!

ya I pm'd @joeypost after you mentioned this morning it looked too good, I'll add the graders notes for him :wishluck: 

I was expecting a "cover completely split and detached" or somesuch in those notes. Then again, "whole book tears" is pretty vague. If there's more than one sizable tear going through the entire book, then maybe its a case of "presents well for the grade," but in the slab it resembles a 1.0. 

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

I'd call it a 1.0 but I think CGC downgraded it for the kid signing his name in the middle.

CVA sticker here I come lol

:banana: @F For Fake :tink:

3 hours ago, Deadpoolica said:

I say it's an accurate grade...but what do I know :insane:

+1

I mean, many folks here roll the dice regularly with resubmits... they have more courage than me, and sometimes it works for them, so who knows! But the note "whole book multiple tears" wouldn't have me chomping at the bit for a second go. 

14 minutes ago, Point Five said:

+1

I mean, many folks here roll the dice regularly with resubmits... they have more courage than me, and sometimes it works for them, so who knows! But the note "whole book multiple tears" wouldn't have me chomping at the bit for a second go. 

Ya I'm feeling you, that note in description was the first I hear of such at all ha, so I'll leave it be.

Although it was nice to post it in this week in collection and get a upgradable impromptu reaction  :x

Hopefully that serves me well enough in the future is all

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I'm feeling you, that note in description was the first I hear of such at all ha, so I'll leave it be.

Although it was nice to post it in this week in collection and get a upgradable impromptu reaction  :x

Hopefully that serves me well enough in the future is all

:foryou: