• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing Comic(s)
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Anyone else ever have a comic come up missing? I sent in GS X-Men #1 years ago and it never returned. They eventually paid me for the comic, however they never met the price I asked nor did they offer a reasonable replacement. We went round and round over whether the book was a 9.6 or 9.8. Years later I asked how they came up with the grade and they couldn't answer. Recently I asked for the control number so I could look for it but they couldn't come up with one. I've always doubted that they graded the book before it "disappeared" and by disappeared I mean it was stolen by an ex-employee according to the manager at the time. Unless they had a policy of we grade em before we take em, I doubt that they ever looked at the book before it disappeared. I see now that they have or claim to have an updated surveillance system to track the book from reception to return. I wonder if this transaction prompted their investment. Anyways, I was wondering if other customers had this problem or was I the lucky one?

Welcome to the board.

I strongly suggest you to contact with CGC customer service immediately.  

Report a stolen comic book to your local police immediately.

Call USPS, UPS or FedEx whatever you used.  Make sure that you paid the insurance.

Wait a minute....it has been over one year since your book has gone missing.  Why did you decide to post it here?