• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,609 posts in this topic

CGC's problem is they are too harsh on grading. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing, but when your 10s are more difficult to get than BGS, people will flock to the other services. CGC needs to revert back to their original pricing and not be so heavy on the grade of 8.5 if they want people to keep using their service. My first 4-5 subs were at least 60% 8.5. That has decreased now that I only send in perfectly centered, clean cards. And even then, even 50 cards that would all have a good chance at a PSA 10, there is about a 50/50 split on 9s and 9.5s with no 10 at all. Like, even if I sent those cards to BGS, I'm a sure there would easily be a few 10s among those cards. 

On 3/4/2022 at 11:29 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Bulk TAT has dropped down to 60 days now. They are running out of cards to grade.

I get that, just seems odd that people still have stuff from September being graded and my bulk from December was already completed. Like, it feels like there is a lack of control or organization or something in order for an order arriving 3 months later to be completed first. Like, I would be highly disappointed if I was in the other shoe and still waiting on my stuff while people submitting months after me got theirs first. 

On 3/8/2022 at 11:26 PM, awesumjames said:

CGC's problem is they are too harsh on grading. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing, but when your 10s are more difficult to get than BGS, people will flock to the other services. CGC needs to revert back to their original pricing and not be so heavy on the grade of 8.5 if they want people to keep using their service. My first 4-5 subs were at least 60% 8.5. That has decreased now that I only send in perfectly centered, clean cards. And even then, even 50 cards that would all have a good chance at a PSA 10, there is about a 50/50 split on 9s and 9.5s with no 10 at all. Like, even if I sent those cards to BGS, I'm a sure there would easily be a few 10s among those cards. 

Cgc 9.5 = gem mint = psa 10

like you said not necessarily a bad thing especially if the above fact is kept in mind. For many that’s why they choose cgc over psa. If value is what you’re worried about, many foresee the tides turning in the future.

Edited by JohnBurke

Bulk order 122 Cards

no sub grades 

received- 1/4/22

shipped today- 3/9/22

no 10s a few 9.5s and a bunch of 8.5s with a couple head scratchers that came back with a 6 or 6.5??? 

oh well these are for my personal collection, not for resale so not as big of a deal. I had close to 500 cards graded so far with 0 10s, now more than half of them are vintage and from my own personal collection that was in a binder since the 90s, so I guess it could worse. Im just happy to be getting all my cards back!

On 3/9/2022 at 4:02 PM, JCummings10 said:

Bulk order 122 Cards

no sub grades 

received- 1/4/22

shipped today- 3/9/22

no 10s a few 9.5s and a bunch of 8.5s with a couple head scratchers that came back with a 6 or 6.5??? 

oh well these are for my personal collection, not for resale so not as big of a deal. I had close to 500 cards graded so far with 0 10s, now more than half of them are vintage and from my own personal collection that was in a binder since the 90s, so I guess it could worse. Im just happy to be getting all my cards back!

How much did the bulk order of 122 cost? Im looking to send in about 100 cards. Just want to be ready. Did you have to get a yearly membership as well. Sorry new to grading so trying to get some info. Thanks in advance 

On 3/16/2022 at 11:29 PM, Moneybaggz02 said:

How much did the bulk order of 122 cost? Im looking to send in about 100 cards. Just want to be ready. Did you have to get a yearly membership as well. Sorry new to grading so trying to get some info. Thanks in advance 

100 cards at bulk level your looking at 1400 1500 $$$$$.

On 3/16/2022 at 11:29 PM, Moneybaggz02 said:

It was around $1600. I was on a yearly membership that gave me a 10%discount on grading cards as well.

Every submission I've sent to CGC has been pretty accurate with regards to their turnaround time. However, my last EXPRESS order was received on 3/7 and it's still showing as in the "grading" phase, so it's been 10 working days when their turnaround indicates 7 working days.

On 3/21/2022 at 11:59 AM, EOSCards said:

Economy Moving Quickly:

15 Cards No Subgrades received 3/9 shipped 3/18

8 Cards Subgrades received 3/9 shipped 3/21

Then why is Standard so slow, 10 cards received 2/24/22 still Grading/Quality Control. 

So I'm just confused, the topic here is how long does it take and nobody is saying how long it takes... I've never graded a card before and just sent in my first one today - I did not pay to "cut the line" but would like to know realistically what turnaround is atm

My Standard submission has been in "scheduled for grading" for a month now. Is that normal? Definitely thought it would be a bit faster. Any insight on standard submission level? (2 cards w/ subgrades for reference)

Edited by William1759
Forgot to add how many cards and that they were having subgrades

• Administrator
On 4/1/2022 at 5:09 PM, Brett D. said:

So I'm just confused, the topic here is how long does it take and nobody is saying how long it takes... I've never graded a card before and just sent in my first one today - I did not pay to "cut the line" but would like to know realistically what turnaround is atm

The current turnaround times are posted to the far right of each tier posted here.

https://www.cgccards.com/submit/services-fees/cgc/