• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,642 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2021 at 11:35 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Funny thing about the date for packages opened is CGC changed it to May 3rd this past Monday and 5 days later changed it to 5/17? Something seems wrong... lol hopefully not.

This was the time period directly after they increased the prices. Maybe they got thru the mass orders of people submitting before the increase & not many subs were sent after the increase.

Delivered 2/9/21
Received 2/12/21
Bulk (x 54) - Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging
Bulk w Subgrades (x 9) - Grading/Quality Control (moved on 8/16)
Economy w Subgrades (x 3) - Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

Delivered 4/19/21 (didn't write ST on the box)
Received 7/12/21
Bulk (x 58) - Scheduled for Grading
Bulk w Subgrades (x 17) - Scheduled for Grading
Standard w Subgrades (x 7) - Shipped 8/3

Delivered 5/10/21 (didn't write ST on the box)
Received 8/9
Standard w/ Subgrades (x1) - Scheduled for Grading

tfw your supposed slowest sub outpaces almost everything else 

2/12 Bulk moved to Quality Control/Finalized this afternoon from Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging. Never had a submission be in this step before, so not sure how long it takes before being shipped back. No grades posted yet either.

image.thumb.png.e34648178606ea88d9162da0e0289b41.png

On 8/16/2021 at 2:18 PM, TheMoe said:

2/12 Bulk moved to Quality Control/Finalized this afternoon from Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging. Never had a submission be in this step before, so not sure how long it takes before being shipped back. No grades posted yet either.

image.thumb.png.e34648178606ea88d9162da0e0289b41.png

My 10 card economy moved to QC/finalized on friday, i got charged that friday also. it shipped today. It could be fast cause it was 10 cards, yours is 52 cards so expect a longer time in QC, i can see you getting charged soon. lets hope it ships out around Friday

On 8/16/2021 at 7:11 PM, kreativemente said:

Anyone know what the difference is between Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging and Grading/Quality Control ??. Does the latter mean they're done and just checking their work?? O_O. The status labels are confusing now

That's correct, they are done and checking their work. From what I've seen QC usually takes less than a week, even for bulk.

My 2/12 bulk still hasn't moved from Grading/Encap. Pretty sure they're punishing me for making so much noise in the forums at this point :banana:

They finally got back to me through email and replied with "Your submission is in encapsulation phase." 

Gee thanks..

On 8/16/2021 at 8:26 PM, tomatocan said:

That's correct, they are done and checking their work. From what I've seen QC usually takes less than a week, even for bulk.

My 2/12 bulk still hasn't moved from Grading/Encap. Pretty sure they're punishing me for making so much noise in the forums at this point :banana:

They finally got back to me through email and replied with "Your submission is in encapsulation phase." 

Gee thanks..

Right there with ya bud 

On 8/15/2021 at 1:13 PM, kreativemente said:

Looks like they maybe in March for Bulk now.

Bulk (No Subs)

Received: 3/15/21

Grading/Encap/Imaging: 8/13/21

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 2.11.37 PM.png

Wow, I think you just got really lucky. But congrats still! I have a large bulk submission that they entered in as received on March 26th, so I'm hoping soon enough I'll see some movement. I'm excited for when I get this back though. 130 slabs sounds like a good time!

Bulk Submission (Subgrades - 23 Cards)
Received - 3/15/2021
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging - 8/13/2021

Same order:
Bulk Submission (No Subgrades - 84 Cards) 
Received - 3/15/2021
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging - N/A

Edited by Thekingnerd

On 8/16/2021 at 1:44 PM, smeeeeee said:

My 10 card economy moved to QC/finalized on friday, i got charged that friday also. it shipped today. It could be fast cause it was 10 cards, yours is 52 cards so expect a longer time in QC, i can see you getting charged soon. lets hope it ships out around Friday

2/12 bulk w/subgrades actually shipped today so you were right, not long after! But man, did CGC get tougher on centering? Felt like most of my centering subgrades were 8.5, 35/52 were.

On 8/17/2021 at 2:25 PM, TheMoe said:

2/12 bulk w/subgrades actually shipped today so you were right, not long after! But man, did CGC get tougher on centering? Felt like most of my centering subgrades were 8.5, 35/52 were.

mine are all WOTC cards so if i get anything higher than an 8 im jumping for joy LOLL

On 8/18/2021 at 4:29 AM, Jim Buckley said:

This is getting maddening. People are getting their bulk orders back before I get my economy back with the same received dates. I've been in grading/encapsulation/imaging for over a month and a half now. 

"Thank you for your email. Your submissions are currently being encapsulated and will move on to quality control/finalization next.
We know that turnaround times are important to our customers, and we are working hard to complete submissions as quickly as possible while still maintaining our high-quality standards.

Best Regards,
- Robot#30711"