• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,720 posts in this topic

Made my first submission to CGC recently. Was “delivered” with USPS to their P.O. Box on August 29th. Somehow has still not been scanned in as “received” as of Sept 8th. I’m reading here someone had to wait 17 days for theirs to even be scanned…how is that acceptable? As a new customer it’s dissapointing and not a good first impression. I understand it’s probably not as simple to do these inventory tasks as we think but it’s not a good first time experience sitting here waiting for my package to be scanned 11+ days after it’s delivered just to have peace of mind it’s safe.

Does having some cards I had to manually enter info on slow down this process or anything? Or does that step come after my box is scanned?

Edited by PeteDorr

On 9/8/2024 at 9:13 AM, PeteDorr said:

Made my first submission to CGC recently. Was “delivered” with USPS to their P.O. Box on August 29th. Somehow has still not been scanned in as “received” as of Sept 8th. I’m reading here someone had to wait 17 days for theirs to even be scanned…how is that acceptable? As a new customer it’s dissapointing and not a good first impression. I understand it’s probably not as simple to do these inventory tasks as we think but it’s not a good first time experience sitting here waiting for my package to be scanned 11+ days after it’s delivered just to have peace of mind it’s safe.

Does having some cards I had to manually enter info on slow down this process or anything? Or does that step come after my box is scanned?

Is it not showing up in the USPS tracking number checker either? Recently they revised their turnaround time for Bulk down to 5 days and it seems to have caused a flood of orders. PSA is also taking weeks now to even open your package, but they do a better job of making sure you know it arrived. 

On the USPS site it says “Delivered, Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room” on August 29th. If I use the “confirm package delivery” tracker on CGC’s site it says it is either not delivered or scanned by staff yet. As of today, Sept 11th, there’s still no scan. I think the issue is CGC has to physically open the box to scan the barcode but I believe PSA just scans a code on the outside of the box to expedite the “received” status. 

i will edit my original post once it is recived though so people know what to expect when submitting right now. I think they really need to have barcodes on the boxes to let customers know faster that “your box of expensive cards is safe with us.”

On 9/11/2024 at 4:16 PM, PeteDorr said:

On the USPS site it says “Delivered, Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room” on August 29th. If I use the “confirm package delivery” tracker on CGC’s site it says it is either not delivered or scanned by staff yet. As of today, Sept 11th, there’s still no scan. I think the issue is CGC has to physically open the box to scan the barcode but I believe PSA just scans a code on the outside of the box to expedite the “received” status. 

i will edit my original post once it is recived though so people know what to expect when submitting right now. I think they really need to have barcodes on the boxes to let customers know faster that “your box of expensive cards is safe with us.”

I reached out to ask about this as my package is having the same issue. They said "this package was delivered to the other USPS warehouse due to overage at our regular USPS store. This will be delivered to us shortly!"

So, now your wait includes a potential other location before its even gets confirmed as delivered? CGC continues to find "creative" ways to make their 1 to 2 month wait for bulk look much faster on their website. 

Mine was marked as received on 8/26 and still hasn’t been scheduled despite some other people saying that their orders received after mine are already complete. Hopefully gets done soon. Anyone else with a similar time frame to mine seeing this?

Dissapointing. I would have NEVER sent this with USPS had I known this would be the process. Cards exchanging multiple hands and locations on top of the normal transit process just makes me feel uneasy sending lots of cards that way. More opportunities for them to get lost or something. I guess UPS or FedEx only from now on so it goes directly to them instead of a USPS PO Box.

EDIT: cards were finally received today after 16 days of sitting there waiting to be scanned. They say this is accounted into the advertised turnaround time at time of submission (mine was 5 days when it was delivered) but even accounting for working days this is obviously not accurate. Anyway, glad it’s finally delivered, but as a first time customer (and first time ever submitting for grading to anyone) this whole experience was a big YIKES moment for me. I’m keeping this in mind when I decide who to grade with in the future.

Edited by PeteDorr

On 9/12/2024 at 4:08 PM, PeteDorr said:

Dissapointing. I would have NEVER sent this with USPS had I known this would be the process. Cards exchanging multiple hands and locations on top of the normal transit process just makes me feel uneasy sending lots of cards that way. More opportunities for them to get lost or something. I guess UPS or FedEx only from now on so it goes directly to them instead of a USPS PO Box.

EDIT: cards were finally received today after 16 days of sitting there waiting to be scanned. They say this is accounted into the advertised turnaround time at time of submission (mine was 5 days when it was delivered) but even accounting for working days this is obviously not accurate. Anyway, glad it’s finally delivered, but as a first time customer (and first time ever submitting for grading to anyone) this whole experience was a big YIKES moment for me. I’m keeping this in mind when I decide who to grade with in the future.

Mine have been marked as received for 14 working days with no update (18 total days) so, assuming they work them in order, I’d expect to wait at least another few weeks. Mine were delivered on August 20th.

This is crazy, two weeks since my cards were delivered and they STILL haven't been scanned in at CGC. I sent in a bulk batch only a month or so prior and received them back after only two weeks. What the hell happened in a month and a half that made it go from getting my cards back graded in two weeks to it taking more than two weeks just to scan them as received at CGC???

Unacceptable and utterly mind boggling...

My 12 card ECONOMY grading order (half tcg, half sports), first time grader:

Show drop off:  August 17 (Saturday) 

Received:  August 22 (Thursday)

Moved to G/E/I:  approx August 28 (Wed)

...and its stuck in G/E/I as of late today (Sep 13, Friday)

Status in the individual submission card detail moved to "quality control" approx Aug 29 so was excited that maybe it would ship out around Labor Day (Sep2)...but nothing since then.  It's business day 15 or so now, which is not end of the world but the listed turnaround time was down to 5 days for bulk in mid-late August...

At this point , not expecting to be happy with the results and it probably will go into next week.

On 9/13/2024 at 12:48 PM, CBuck723 said:

This is crazy, two weeks since my cards were delivered and they STILL haven't been scanned in at CGC. I sent in a bulk batch only a month or so prior and received them back after only two weeks. What the hell happened in a month and a half that made it go from getting my cards back graded in two weeks to it taking more than two weeks just to scan them as received at CGC???

Unacceptable and utterly mind boggling...

Finally, my package has been marked as received and is currently sitting at scheduled for grading.

On 9/15/2024 at 1:42 PM, CBuck723 said:

Finally, my package has been marked as received and is currently sitting at scheduled for grading.

Hopefully it doesn't take an additional 4 calendar weeks to get to and through G/E/I for you, knock on wood

On 9/16/2024 at 1:53 PM, It'sOnlyRight said:

When I sent the cards it was 5 days turn around. Been sitting scheduled for grading since Sep 3rd. I think they need to hire more graders.

Would be better to just advertise right off the bat that its going to take 1-2 months for economy/bulk, instead of sticking to the 10 or less stated business days turnaround.  CGC may miss out on some first time customers , sure, but i would rather be underpromised and overdelivered, rather than the other way around... 

On 9/16/2024 at 1:19 PM, riffer1 said:

Would be better to just advertise right off the bat that its going to take 1-2 months for economy/bulk, instead of sticking to the 10 or less stated business days turnaround.  CGC may miss out on some first time customers , sure, but i would rather be underpromised and overdelivered, rather than the other way around... 

Yeah I am a new customer and I don’t think I will be using CGC going forward. This throws me off. I thought it’s going to be 5 days turnaround but now it looks like it’s going to take 15 working days or more. Very underdelivered. 

I think people are most frustrated with the fact that it is taking 2-3 weeks just for packages to be scanned as “received.” I don’t think many people would to too upset if an advertised “5 days” turned into “15 days” turnaround or something, BUT when you pair the excessive wait just to scan cards in as “received” in addition to this, it starts to get pretty disengenuous to advertise these turnaround times when the scanning process is longer than the entire grading process.

On 9/17/2024 at 6:12 PM, PeteDorr said:

I think people are most frustrated with the fact that it is taking 2-3 weeks just for packages to be scanned as “received.” I don’t think many people would to too upset if an advertised “5 days” turned into “15 days” turnaround or something, BUT when you pair the excessive wait just to scan cards in as “received” in addition to this, it starts to get pretty disengenuous to advertise these turnaround times when the scanning process is longer than the entire grading process.

Don't disagree at all.    just checked my Econ submission (Business day 17) and while the order says G/E/I overall, the individual submission detail actually just changed from quality check to slabbed.  I take that a positive sign, at least there is some hope of movement - haha

On 9/13/2024 at 6:01 PM, riffer1 said:

My 12 card ECONOMY grading order (half tcg, half sports), first time grader:

Show drop off:  August 17 (Saturday) 

Received:  August 22 (Thursday)

Moved to G/E/I:  approx August 28 (Wed)

...and its stuck in G/E/I as of late today (Sep 13, Friday)

Status in the individual submission card detail moved to "quality control" approx Aug 29 so was excited that maybe it would ship out around Labor Day (Sep2)...but nothing since then.  It's business day 15 or so now, which is not end of the world but the listed turnaround time was down to 5 days for bulk in mid-late August...

At this point , not expecting to be happy with the results and it probably will go into next week.

Status went to slabbed yesterday and into QA/finalized and shipped as of today  yay!

Update:  Grades just popped - 2 pristines on One Piece alt-arts and a lot of decent gem 10s.     Can't wait to see how the slabs look in person.

Good luck on all of your submissions ladies and gents

On 9/15/2024 at 12:42 PM, CBuck723 said:

Today they were marked as Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging, so 3 days since being marked as delivered, after an over 2 week wait to be scanned as delivered.