• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA/SA in GA/SA Mylite2 bags and fullbacks - comic boxes

12 posts in this topic

So, I've started moving my collection to the BCW Plastic long boxes. I like that they are sturdier and I can stack them higher if I need to, saving some space.

But today I noticed that if I have GA/SA comics in a GA/SA mylite2 with a fullback, they do not fit in these boxes without turning them at an angle. Is there a specific style of box for these size books/bags/boards? Or should I just use the magazine size bin's? 

Edited by xvipah

1 hour ago, Pontoon said:

You'll have a little bit of extra space on one side, but that doesn't bother me.

So now we know your type hm

13 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

So now we know your type hm

One of the reasons I use the 775 is that is that I can use it with pretty much all my books. Everything fits and I don't have a mishmash of sizes. Some books would work with a smaller size, but I like having enough room to avoid rubbing and chafing. Don't want to inadvertently bend an edge or soften a corner. With some of my larger PCH I'll use a halfback so they're not too snug.

For moderns I use the, I think, 700's with halfbacks. Everything else is 775's with fullbacks. But I might invest in some of the GA/SA halfbacks for just the reason you said. If they are bigger, more room would be good.

4 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

One of the reasons I use the 775 is that is that I can use it with pretty much all my books. Everything fits and I don't have a mishmash of sizes. Some books would work with a smaller size, but I like having enough room to avoid rubbing and chafing. Don't want to inadvertently bend an edge or soften a corner. With some of my larger PCH I'll use a halfback so they're not too snug.

775s don't fit in Drawer boxes if you use their rails and some other ones I've tried. I mostly use 725s.  

They also don't look so great with all the extra space for SA books, although others may opine otherwise. 

I have thought about buying specific bags for everything, 700's for moderns, 725's for silvers/bronze's, etc....  And I still might. I don't mind the extra space from the 775's for Silvers and some Bronze's, but I do think something that fits better would look better.

2 hours ago, shadroch said:

775s don't fit in Drawer boxes if you use their rails and some other ones I've tried. I mostly use 725s.  

They also don't look so great with all the extra space for SA books, although others may opine otherwise.