• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A question to my fellow late night board members...

35 posts in this topic

Most recently was a Vegas trip.

Woke up at 4am on Friday, after 4 hours sleep, to go pick up the bachelor.

Landed in Vegas around 1130am local via Phoenix. Did tons of Vegas stuff which ended at 5am local. so 4am EST to 8am EST, 28 hours straight.

Slept 4 hours that night, woke up did stuff all day, ending at Crazy Horse Too at 5am.

Slept 4 hours, woke up did stuff all day, caught the 1145pm red eye back to DC, landed at 630am, in bed at 730, slept 2 hours, went to work. I cannot sleep on planes no matter how tired I am.

9am on a Thursday to 730am Monday. 4 days, 12 hours sleep. Certainly the longest I've gone with so little sleep. But, its vegas, I hardly noticed. Its not like I was yawning at all the knockers in my face.

I have insomnia sometimes and this year was up for nearly 59 hours. I did not hallucinate or anything but I did get physically sick - very nauseous. I slept for 17 hours after that, got up for 6 hours and went back to bed for another 9 hours. I do not know how anybody could go the 70+ hours that was mentioned here, I know I would be very sick from that. It is amazing how peoples body react differently.

I'm sure I have gone 48 hours a few times. I did drive from Los Angeles to Vancouver straight in about 21 hours one time, alternating at the wheel with a friend of mine and that was hell. I thought my eyes were going to explode from the tension headaches I had concentrating on the road for that long.

I'm sure I have gone 48 hours a few times. I did drive from Los Angeles to Vancouver straight in about 21 hours one time, alternating at the wheel with a friend of mine and that was hell. I thought my eyes were going to explode from the tension headaches I had concentrating on the road for that long.

Ever fall asleep behind the wheel? That's fun isn't it. Waking up to find yourself driving 75 MPH down the highway.

893whatthe.gif

Ever fall asleep behind the wheel? That's fun isn't it. Waking up to find yourself driving 75 MPH down the highway.

893whatthe.gif

Flew into Seattle from San Francisco late one evening and had to drive back to Vancouver. Was so tired that I had to keep the windows wide open, radio blarring and I still almost ditched it on the I5. Scared the cr@p out of me.

893whatthe.gif

Flew into Seattle from San Francisco late one evening and had to drive back to Vancouver. Was so tired that I had to keep the windows wide open, radio blarring and I still almost ditched it on the I5. Scared the cr@p out of me.

I had a scary incident once. Me and my two buddies were all totally exhausted from rafting and we piled into my friends stationwagon. After about one minute, we ALL fell asleep including the driver. And we all woke up when the car started drifting onto the shoulder heading right at a telephone poll. The car veered back onto the road just in time.

We were all awake the whole way home after that. smirk.gif

75-76 hours, something like that, in February 2003. Major orals presentation due with giant presentation deck, lots of prep, lots of creation, etc. etc. Once I get into a work buzz, time starts to have no meeting - I just fly.

about 36 hours. wired on coffee and soda. i forget what it was for, i think we had several briefs due at once or something. i might have fallen asleep while standing up in the shower and i'm sure i nodded off once or twice at my desk.

i'm glad this isn't an issue at my current job.

The date was October 26, 2000. Not only was it my 22nd birthday, but I had a big Physical Chemistry exam the following day (Friday). I took a nap in the evening, and woke up around 8:00 pm to begin studying. 7 cups of coffee and 14 hours later, I took the exam. To this day I do not remember how well I did, but I got a B in the class in the end, so it was all good. But the sleeplessness was not yet over. After an extremely busy day of class and working in the laboratory, I headed to the bars at about 6:30 to meet up with friends. The following day, Octber 28, was to be what was then termed as the "Game of the Century" as BCS No. 2 ranked Oklahoma hosted BCS No. 1 ranked Nebraska; although the century had really just began. We all decided that night that we were not going to sleep, but rather stay up all night, drink, and watch videos of past OU/Nebraska matchups. At 6:00 am that Saturday, we arrived at the stadium with boxes of donuts and coffee in hands. After an exciting 31-14 victory (after being down 14-0 in the 1st quarter), we rushed the fields, and eventually said our goodbyes for the weekend. I made it home at probably around 4:00 pm, and finally went to bed; bringing the total to 44 hours without sleep.

75-76 hours, something like that, in February 2003. Major orals presentation due with giant presentation deck, lots of prep, lots of creation, etc. etc. Once I get into a work buzz, time starts to have no meeting - I just fly.

75 hours? Had you done any prepartion at all before hand or started from scratch at the start of that time period?

I threw my Masters Thesis Defense presentation together, and memorized all 40 minutes of it, it about 9 hours time.