• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front cover pigment/pixel color missing blotches

2 posts in this topic

not sure how to describe what i see on the front covers of my bronze age xmen 100. there is some color blotches where the color is faded. one book this anamoly is mostly on colossus thigh, storm hand and nightcrawler the other book its on xavier jacket, beast head, jean grey shoulder, cycops left arm and red text arrow above his head. not sure if this is from the printing machine where a book stacked on top wiped the color or was this from pressing. its smoothe to the touch. feels like the rest of the cover. my ultimate questions are what is this anomaly called, how was it created and how would this impact grading? 

20210410_180811.jpg

20210410_183008.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Unfortunately, we can't make any determinations or comments on a book without our graders examining it first.  If you are interested in submitting your book for grading, you can find out more here: How to Submit | CGC (cgccomics.com)

Thank you!