• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Printing error or swapped ink?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

That, I believe, is foil loss.  I have a few like that, affected in random areas on each book that are gold foil.  A lot of dealers and collectors call it "corrosion", since it looks like metal that is corroding or tarnishing. 

It's not a good thing, and might takes a grade hit, just like staining or smudges would.  Could also be a sign that the comic was exposed to humidity, causing the separation from the under-stock.

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

What is "swapped ink"...?

There are at least a handful of recognized error books caused by mismatches between intended color and printed color; I think the best-known of these is the Malibu Sun #13 error with the weird yellowish-green Spawn on the back cover. The Sandman (v2) #18 error where the first page has the yellow and blue ink swapped is also in this vein.

Anyway, that's 100% not what's going on with the OP's book.

This is not the printing error book.  A copy of that is pretty obvious as to what the issue is.  Here’s a link to a picture.  Pretty rare book...

https://www.comicsvalue.com/ERROR-Amazing-Spiderman-375-Printer-E-Misprint-1/271371739403.html