• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ACTION 1 3.25, BATMAN 1 2.2, TEC 27 1.5...... SO WHAT ARE ENTRY LEVEL PRICES ON THE TOP 5 GA SUPERHERO BOOKS IN TODAYS MARKET?
3 3

44 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Crowzilla said:

Yep. And to shock some GA boardies, I think the 10.0 copy of NM98 could be the first 100K 90s book. The 9.9s are at least $25K each now.

Just not sure how much crossover there is between the people who collect NM98 and Bat 1, but Joker is extremely popular with that crowd, so there should be some.

This just sold in the winter 2021 featured auction.

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 11.05.57 AM.png

12 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

Didn't even know about that one, so yeah easy $100k for the 10.0

Yeah I agree 100%, especially seeing that 9.9 sale. Should the single 10.0 ever come up for sale in any way, should easily break $100K.

3 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Yep. And to shock some GA boardies, I think the 10.0 copy of NM98 could be the first 100K 90s book. The 9.9s are at least $25K each now.

Just not sure how much crossover there is between the people who collect NM98 and Bat 1, but Joker is extremely popular with that crowd, so there should be some.

I am aware of a legit  98 Marks Jeweler 9.8 for very close to 10k. ( 9600)

On 4/20/2021 at 2:38 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah I agree 100%, especially seeing that 9.9 sale. Should the single 10.0 ever come up for sale in any way, should easily break $100K.

The 10.0 came up for sale in a ComicLink auction a few years back, I think it may have sold for about 20K at the time.

1 hour ago, Lookin4Newsstands said:

The 10.0 came up for sale in a ComicLink auction a few years back, I think it may have sold for about 20K at the time.

No that’s incorrect. You’re thinking about a 9.9 that sold in a c-link auction several years ago for about $23K. The 10.0 has only sold publicly once back in 2013 in a c-link auction for $15,449.

38 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

No that’s incorrect. You’re thinking about a 9.9 that sold in a c-link auction several years ago for about $23K. The 10.0 has only sold publicly once back in 2013 in a c-link auction for $15,449.

Well, it is correct, lol-  meaning the 10.0 did sell on ComicLink- but as I alluded to, I didn’t remember the price- thought it was about 20, but I guess you know the exact price! That was the one I was referring to. I know that gpa doesn’t record their sales (not sure why). How did you find it?

btw, if you’re a Darkseid fan, my previously owned copy of the 1st Darkseid cover (New Gods 2) CGC 9.8 Fantuccio Pedigree (w/ CVA sticker) is listed in their upcoming May auction. 1 of 9 highest on census.

18 minutes ago, Lookin4Newsstands said:

Well, it is correct, lol-  meaning the 10.0 did sell on ComicLink- but as I alluded to, I didn’t remember the price- thought it was about 20, but I guess you know the exact price! That was the one I was referring to. I know that gpa doesn’t record their sales (not sure why). How did you find it?

btw, if you’re a Darkseid fan, my previously owned copy of the 1st Darkseid cover (New Gods 2) CGC 9.8 Fantuccio Pedigree (w/ CVA sticker) is listed in their upcoming May auction. 1 of 9 highest on census.

There’s a bunch of articles on the CGC 10.0 selling back in 2013 in that Comiclink auction and for that price. You said a few years back so that was the part that I knew was wrong. 9.9’s sold for about $7K-$12K for many years, then a that 9.9 sold 2-3 years ago for a little over $20K, now this 9.9 for just over $40K. If the 10.0 ever came to auction it’s easily breaking $100K.

Yes, that I know.

14 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

There’s a bunch of articles on the CGC 10.0 selling back in 2013 in that Comiclink auction and for that price. You said a few years back so that was the part that I knew was wrong. 9.9’s sold for about $7K-$12K for many years, then a that 9.9 sold 2-3 years ago for a little over $20K, now this 9.9 for just over $40K. If the 10.0 ever came to auction it’s easily breaking $100K.

On 4/15/2021 at 9:17 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

That’s correct, the 3 Batman pages sold a year or so ago on Heritage for roughly $11K, $11K and $13K, more of course if sales tax was paid. Interestingly I can’t find those sales in the sold section of Heritage anymore, presumably because the owner(s) intend to resale at some point and want those amounts forgotten.

CC sold Action 1 and Tec 27 pages in 2019. Here are a few links:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/852626   
https://www.comicconnect.com/item/817465

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/820023

A few months  I made an offer to owner thru CC on the Action 1 page 5, and got back a quick response “not for all the tea in China”.

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 4/19/2021 at 4:46 AM, I am not Glenda said:

100% can't agree more on this, it's just a matter of time before the market makes a correction on books like BM 1 & Cap 1 with resto.  The old guard ( the  I remembers when BM #1 wasn't really all that rare) mentality is going to be a thing of the past on those two books and a few other iconic GA keys imho. For example I bought BM #1 3.5 resto years ago with a great looking cover ( yes it has a purple label & its trimmed "oh god noooooooo":) my intent was to upgrade but the right deal never came around & non resto BM1 are out of this working guys budget. I have valued it at about 25- 30k for several years, thinking that was a fair price based on the market However two weeks ago I was offered 35k & some trade (I  declined) as I know I am not going to be bale to replace it & regardless of it's value, being trimmed and having resto it is a dream come true to own & a highlight of my collection.

I always found it strange how restored copies were basically flat in value for the past 5ish years until 2020 when they basically doubled. They still seem undervalued when you consider a 0.5 BM1 still probably sells for ~50% more than a restored 6.0 (I think I remember seeing a 0.5 sell for 80Kish recently which is what I'm referring to). 

Edited by rsouxlja7

I don’t think we will see complete (with front and back cover) bat1’s selling for $40k anymore no matter the level of restoration. I guess we will find out though in the next heritage signature auction.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/-this-item-has-been-entered-into-our-system-and-is-now-going-through-the-imaging-and-describing-process-further-details-will-be-added-before/p/7244-136007.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

8 hours ago, Daveb25 said:

I don’t think we will see complete (with front and back cover) bat1’s selling for $40k anymore no matter the level of restoration. I guess we will find out though in the next heritage signature auction.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/-this-item-has-been-entered-into-our-system-and-is-now-going-through-the-imaging-and-describing-process-further-details-will-be-added-before/p/7244-136007.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

Resto or no resto that's a great looking 5.0. As well as that book presents If it hammers in at less then 45k+ something is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy off in comic land! 

Edited by I am not Glenda