• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Trek Series: Ranked...Let the debate begin...and Star Wars is better?
2 2

38 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2021 at 9:56 AM, bentbryan said:

Not a Star Trek guy but I did watch a ton of the original series reruns when I was a kid. Also Wrath of Khan is pretty rad. 

Same here. I'll never forget the bug crawling into the ear scene. I was probably 12 and I used to freak out for awhile after seeing it the first time and didn't want to go to sleep! lol

On 4/15/2021 at 11:15 AM, Angel of Death said:

Nah, TLJ is simply one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

You havent seen a lot of movie havent you?watch some vvs movie in the 90s and then we will talk

Edited by Namtak

4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Hell, you just have to watch Sky of Risewalker to see a movie that’s worse than TLJ.

Worst than Howard the duck movie?worst than twilight series?i dont think so,worst than the last fantastic four if so you are mad 

1 minute ago, Namtak said:

Worst than Howard the duck movie?worst than twilight series?i dont think so,worst than the last fantastic four if so you are mad 

I was mentioning one movie that’s worse, I’m sure there’s a laundry list of others out there.

never have and never will watch anything but the original Star Trek... and i very much disliked the star wars original movie when it came out in 1976 (i was 15 so you would think i would have liked it) nope hated it and have only bothered to watch a couple of the sequels which bore me to death , how many movies are they up too now? 15 ?

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

never have and never will watch anything but the original Star Trek... and i very much disliked the star wars original movie when it came out in 1976 (i was 15 so you would think i would have liked it) nope hated it and have only bothered to watch a couple of the sequels which bore me to death , how many movies are they up too now? 15 ?

Star trek Tng is probably the best of them all and would have been better without wesley crusher but he had good episodes,maybe 3 lol

6 hours ago, Namtak said:

Star trek Tng is probably the best of them all and would have been better without wesley crusher but he had good episodes,maybe 3 lol

Could you please note the episodes by name, with summaries, in rank order and note next to each why you feel they were good? Thank you.

:kidaround:

:baiting:

I've got mine.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Could you please note the episodes by name, with summaries, in rank order and note next to each why you feel they were good? Thank you.

:kidaround:

:baiting:

I've got mine.

The best for me was:where no one has gone before.others dont remember that well eccecpt the first test where he is testeted with 3 other student,the talk at the end with picard was really well done

1 hour ago, Namtak said:

The best for me was:where no one has gone before.others dont remember that well eccecpt the first test where he is testeted with 3 other student,the talk at the end with picard was really well done

I think you may have this confused with another episode. When you described three other students I had to look this up. Wesley was there working on a school project in engineering.

But now that you mentioned this one, time to pull out the TNG collection as I have all of these. Loved this entire series. :headbang:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I think you may have this confused with another episode. When you described three other students I had to look this up. Wesley was there working on a school project in engineering.

But now that you mentioned this one, time to pull out the TNG collection as I have all of these. Loved this entire series. :headbang:

I misswrote it,the second épisode i dont recall the name and took place on an académique were he is in compétition with 3 other student,helped one of them and lost because of it

Just now, Namtak said:

I misswrote it,the second épisode i dont recall the name and took place on an académique were he is in compétition with 3 other student,helped one of them and lost because of it

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The best for me was where no man has gone before and yes it takes place in engineering, that episode was spectaculaire in many way,story wise and thrills and special effect,the third would be the naked now,just hillarious to see the young cadet taking controle of the ship,and the adult suppporting his leadership being acting more childish than him

48 minutes ago, Namtak said:

The best for me was where no man has gone before and yes it takes place in engineering, that episode was spectaculaire in many way,story wise and thrills and special effect,the third would be the naked now,just hillarious to see the young cadet taking controle of the ship,and the adult suppporting his leadership being acting more childish than him

There is so much greatness in TNG series it is hard to summarize what made it all come together so solidly. Other than it did.

All of the Star Trek TV series have had something to offer and have many excellent episodes imho. I think I've said it before (not that anyone cares) but Star Trek the Motion Picture is easily the best of the Trek movies so much so that it is a great movie in it's own right outside of the genre. The rest of the Trek movies are very good as well with 2-4 being a great little run. ST5 the Final Frontier is a bit terrible and Undiscovered Country a welcome redemption. TNG movies all good. I don't consider the JJ Abrams movies part of the canon though they are entertaining enough, more like action movies than sci-fi but man Abrams reboots are pretty tired at this point and they don't hold up to the originals at all.

I love Star Wars as well. Does one need to be any better than the other? When either have their moments, they are amazing. That holds for a lot of other stuff as well. 2c