• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movement to recast Black Panther role

7 posts in this topic

I think that the Black Panther 2 movie will not have the Black Panther character in it, maybe in flashback with Boseman footage but that it all. It will be about his passing and moving forward. MAYBE at the end we get a new BP but I would not be surprised if the movie is about legacy.

As far as the character of T'Challa, not sure it makes sense in the foreseeable future. And who would play him? Tough shoes to fill.

Edited by Bird

What made Boseman an irreplaceable legend was his presence and his character OFF screen even more so than his screen role. Boseman's own heart and soul and generosity and strength were so uncontainable and just poured out of the T'Challa character we saw on screen, T'Challa WAS Boseman more than Boseman was T'Challa. I can't see them trying to swap actors for a new T'Challa. CGI or deep fake maybe, but for limited amounts.  

Edited by jcjames

7 hours ago, jcjames said:

What made Boseman an irreplaceable legend was his presence and his character OFF screen even more so than his screen role. Boseman's own heart and soul and generosity and strength were so uncontainable and just poured out of the T'Challa character we saw on screen, T'Challa WAS Boseman more than Boseman was T'Challa. I can't see them trying to swap actors for a new T'Challa. CGI or deep fake maybe, but for limited amounts.  

Nobody is irreplaceable.

Boseman nailed T'Challa, and he was a fantastic person. Killing Black Panther off-screen won't do the character any favors.

3 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Nobody is irreplaceable.

If RDJ had died before filming for Endgame, would they have replaced him with another actor to play Tony Stark?

Edited by jcjames