• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOP!
3 3

77 posts in this topic

Getting back to the topic.  I do not see that listed on the USPS website itself so the question then becomes if that was an internal memo or a clarification that has not yet been updated on the USPS website. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Getting back to the topic.  I do not see that listed on the USPS website itself so the question then becomes if that was an internal memo or a clarification that has not yet been updated on the USPS website. 

I have seen and received letters before that had the same statement.  Under their what qualities for Media Mail. It isn't new. 

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I have seen and received letters before that had the same statement.  Under their what qualities for Media Mail. It isn't new. 

Well then... good thing that all those comics I sold two months ago passed through.   I always thought it was in the gray area. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Well then... good thing that all those comics I sold two months ago passed through.   I always thought it was in the gray area. 

Do not get me wrong in the past I have as well. When I first got those letters was years ago. Back when I sold a lot on ebay. It is hit or miss.  

When you ship Media you give the PO the right to open a package to check to see if it qualifies as media. Most of the time they do not open it. But some times they do. If they do they can ship it back to you with the letter or send it on to destination postage due. I have had both examples happen. It was one of the reasons I quit using it. That and the grey area of insurance as I am sure they would not cover it. The other being they can open to inspect which when they do they never pack it back as good as it was or cause damage.  Again not covered as it was shipped incorrectly. 

I stopped sending books using media mail when I had no more than half a dozen get damaged, or possibly opened, in the last 4 years.  To me, that’s 6 more than should happen if you’re trying to take good care of your customers’ purchases.

59 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

I stopped sending books using media mail when I had no more than half a dozen get damaged, or possibly opened, in the last 4 years.  To me, that’s 6 more than should happen if you’re trying to take good care of your customers’ purchases.

Been a while since I have sent anything media. Just not worth the extra time and risk. 

The post was pretty clear to me: Stop sending comics via media mail, the receiver is going to get stuck with the bill. I've used Mike before, good dude.

But I am curious about the question that was just posed: was it possible to refuse the package? Or would that just cause more of a headache? Hopefully the submitter will reimburse you. Otherwise, it'd be a shame if those books somehow got left in the press too long. :devil: