• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How would you get AC1 safely from 1938 to today?
4 4

68 posts in this topic

On 4/17/2021 at 6:43 PM, jcjames said:

Cool, you're quite the continental chap! I think though you'd have to get them much earlier than 1938. They were both VERY well protected by brutal forces in 1938, each already being dictators of their respective countries. 

This guy had no problem getting close to Hitler in 1938.

joneshitler.jpg

On 4/17/2021 at 1:38 PM, Kripsys99 said:

I wonder what would $1 worth of Coca Cola stock from 1938 would be worth today? Or if there's anything else from that year which you could buy for $1 which would net a similar or better return than AC1?

Well even their IPO was $40 a share. 20210603_233830.jpg.4d75d36931dd99c50646ec4ddce5530b.jpg

So only a $1 in 1938 would amount to probably less than $8,000....

38 minutes ago, kav said:

You could suitcase the book!

Just please don't change history so they release it in hardcover. 

2 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Just please don't change history so they release it in hardcover. 

ouch

On 4/17/2021 at 8:41 PM, kav said:

Side question-would anyone take an Action #1 from today, go back, put it on the stands and leave?

Would leaving Action #1 reprints count? Wouldn't they then become first prints?

3 minutes ago, comixry said:

Would leaving Action #1 reprints count? Wouldn't they then become first prints?

Treasury Edition!

On 4/17/2021 at 12:43 PM, Bookery said:

In fact, this whole going back in time to buy a valuable comic has already been done.  But as you say, there were consequences.  Before this occurred, the most valuable comic book was not Action #1 at all, which was a little known book with a character who was cancelled after 5 issues.  No... the time traveler went back in time to secure what was indeed the world's rarest and most valuable comic.  But he got greedy.  He piled away box after box of the goodies, expecting to be rich beyond his wildest dreams.  But he also inadvertently altered the past.  Then he kept going back further and further trying to correct his mistake.  But the changes kept piling up.  It's a long story, but his machinations ended up making the Superman character a hit.  And the boxes of what had once been the world's rarest and most valuable comic, now made valueless due to his over stockpiling?  Major Inapak.  True story.

This is so funny and clever. True story - when I first read this thread a few weeks back I stumbled upon a copy of Major Inapak the very same day only hours earlier. I had never seen one before. Cost me $5 and the cover detached the first time I flipped though it.

Edited by grendelbo
clarification