• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most useless super power.
1 1

61 posts in this topic

There was a Golden Age character (whose name I can't remember at the moment) who, quoting what I do remember from Jeff Rovin's Encyclopedia of Super-Heroes, "had the rather useless ability of stopping clocks" but not actually pausing time, when he'd shout 'Stop, Time!' presumably when busting into criminal hideouts. I think that would have to be the most useless power I could think of, unless it somehow could aid in stopping bombs that were ticking down or something. 

5 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

There was a Golden Age character (whose name I can't remember at the moment) who, quoting what I do remember from Jeff Rovin's Encyclopedia of Super-Heroes, "had the rather useless ability of stopping clocks" but not actually pausing time, when he'd shout 'Stop, Time!' presumably when busting into criminal hideouts. I think that would have to be the most useless power I could think of, unless it somehow could aid in stopping bombs that were ticking down or something. 

I did a legion of super heroes parody where one of the applicants had the ability to make his left hand disappear for 5 minutes.  Everyone on his planet of Blabbab had this ability.

Just now, kav said:

I did a legion of super heroes parody where one of the applicants had the ability to make his left hand disappear for 5 minutes.  Everyone on his planet of Blabbab had this ability.

Please scan and share an excerpt of this, Sir. That is as good as anything Jim Shooter ever created.

Secondly, making it disappear for 5 minutes has all sorts of money earning potential. "I just severed my hand in your (enter device in any corporate owned business here), I'm gonna sue you!"

Just now, wisbyron said:

Please scan and share an excerpt of this, Sir. That is as good as anything Jim Shooter ever created.

Secondly, making it disappear for 5 minutes has all sorts of money earning potential. "I just severed my hand in your (enter device in any corporate owned business here), I'm gonna sue you!"

here's a link but ya gotta join scribd or something to read more than first page.  If uou do you can post em here.  i used my pen name on this one:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/128916786/Legion-of-Super-Powers

There was an Indy book in the late 1980's that had a guy apply for the team. His super power was he could slow down time so everything seemed like it was in slow motion.  Ater being rejected, he comes upon a mugging and intercedes. The mugger turns and fires his gun at him. The would be hero watches in slow motion as the slow moving bullet comes at him and kills him.

13 minutes ago, kav said:

here's a link but ya gotta join scribd or something to read more than first page.  If uou do you can post em here.  i used my pen name on this one:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/128916786/Legion-of-Super-Powers

Great stuff. If I got the credits right, you come up as "the most mysterious man in comics"

5 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

Great stuff. If I got the credits right, you come up as "the most mysterious man in comics"

download.png

3 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

The thing about the Golden Age Whizzer is just how bat-mess insane his origin is. He's bitten by a snake in the jungle so his scientist Dad does, obviously, what anybody would do and gives him a transfusion of mongoose blood. Hence, the Whizzer.

I guess if you get bit by a mongoose you get a transfusion of snake blood.  (shrug)

4 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

The thing about the Golden Age Whizzer is just how bat-mess insane his origin is. He's bitten by a snake in the jungle so his scientist Dad does, obviously, what anybody would do and gives him a transfusion of mongoose blood. Hence, the Whizzer.

oh good,.. and thanks .. i thought his powers might include not using them on an electrified fence

Just now, wisbyron said:

annnnd, Kav just exposed himself as actually a real Scientist. 

mail.gif