• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Water spots? Mold?
2 2

10 posts in this topic

I'm not sure what these markings are.  There are white "stains" and a black substance. There are no raised areas that would indicate dirt that could be cleaned.  Could it be mold or water spots?  Wanted to submit for grading and possible clean and press but if the cp doesn't improve the book then it really is a waste of time and money, correct?

Screenshot_20210419-061625_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210419-061553_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210419-061505_Samsung Internet.jpg

9 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Some sort of ink rub/transfer.

Yeah that's what I thought when I initially seen the black markings along the lower spine.  But I'm not sure what the white stains are on the upper spine and legs.  Do you think a clean and press would remove these issues?

3 minutes ago, Jemin said:

Yeah that's what I thought when I initially seen the black markings along the lower spine.  But I'm not sure what the white stains are on the upper spine and legs.  Do you think a clean and press would remove these issues?

A clean and press won’t help. Some areas have ink transfer and some have color rub that resulted in a loss of inks. 

The ink transfer will clean up, but the rest will not. 

5 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

Book appears too modern to be mold...some type of spray? can you show more of the fc?

Here's a screenshot of it.  I posted a scan of it in the hey buddy spare a grade.

685785914_Screenshot_20210419-074810_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.601431e1dbb3da2b3f7a7fce3e8b12e9.jpg