• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does cross grading take less time ?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

I've done a few reslabs and they pump them out pretty fast compared to getting a book graded.

How about a cross grade? Are they treated like a normal grading or is it faster because they have a grade to work with already ?

Thanks

51 minutes ago, lostboys said:

I've done a few reslabs and they pump them out pretty fast compared to getting a book graded.

How about a cross grade? Are they treated like a normal grading or is it faster because they have a grade to work with already ?

Thanks

I would say that the process is quicker but the priority level isn't as high. Make of that what you will...

The graders have no information on the book they are looking at. They don't know who it belongs to. The graders don't know if the book was previously graded. This is done to ensure impartial grading. 

Crossover grading is a bit cheaper and a bit faster because CGC wants to stick it to the competition. 

7 hours ago, lostboys said:

Thanks

I doubt it. Especially since the graders do not have a grade to work with. All cross grades are unslabbed before being handed to the grader, same for people asking to unslab their comic, press it and regrade it. 

15 hours ago, lostboys said:

Thanks

Yes. They don't work with other's people grades.

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

Yes. They don't work with other's people grades.

I was kind of hoping they took the current grade as a starting point.

So...I sent in a 9.8 that was graded by the other company who's name also starts with a "C".

Its a first gen slab and I thought it was time to get it out of there. 

How far off were they as far as grading back then, in your opinion?

Should I be worried?

41 minutes ago, lostboys said:

So...I sent in a 9.8 that was graded by the other company who's name also starts with a "C".

Should I be worried?

That would not make for an unbiased examination.

Should you be "worried"? Do you think that Voldemort's grade is inaccurate?

51 minutes ago, lostboys said:

Should I be worried?

Anything could happen, especially if you are asking them to handle a sealed book (meaning one department has to take it out of the slab, and then send to another department who then grades it).

THERE IS NO STARTING POINT, the grader is sent the book without knowledge that it was ever slabbed before. It could some back 9.8, 9.8, 9.4, 9,2, and on and on

4 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

That would not make for an unbiased examination.

Should you be "worried"? Do you think that Voldemort's grade is inaccurate?

I don't know who that is, bro.

Don't know if I should be worried. 

There must be a good reason why CGC is the clear #1 option over the other fellas and I'm guessing it's cause the others went wrong somewhere.

4 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Anything could happen, especially if you are asking them to handle a sealed book (meaning one department has to take it out of the slab, and then send to another department who then grades it).

THERE IS NO STARTING POINT, the grader is sent the book without knowledge that it was ever slabbed before. It could some back 9.8, 9.8, 9.4, 9,2, and on and on

They have a department that opens slabs?

That's all this dept does?

lol

40 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

they recieve the books and prep them for grading and then send them to grading. Part of the prep is opening slabs if need be. 

I gotcha.

It just struck me as funny. I pictured a couple guys sitting I'm a room waiting for a slabbed book to come through the dept...while everyone else is busting their hump grading books after book