• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update from the last topic: WalkThrough order delivered on 4/7 still not received after 14 days
1 1

40 posts in this topic

Ok now this is funny, it's been 14 days after I delivered my package with "WK" clearly written on all sides of the package, still nothing showed in the system yet. I contacted the customer service either by phone call or email but the response I got will always be " Processing of orders generally runs 10-20 business days from delivery depending on submission volume, you will receive an automated email notification to alert you of your new submission once it has been processed.   After processing you may begin tracking the progress of your orders online via the Submission Tracking feature.Thank you for your patience"  

Again, let's just see how long it's gonna take them.

1 minute ago, EXFXE HDB said:

Ok now this is funny, it's been 14 days after I delivered my package with "WK" clearly written on all sides of the package, still nothing showed in the system yet. I contacted the customer service either by phone call or email but the response I got will always be " Processing of orders generally runs 10-20 business days from delivery depending on submission volume, you will receive an automated email notification to alert you of your new submission once it has been processed.   After processing you may begin tracking the progress of your orders online via the Submission Tracking feature.Thank you for your patience"  

Again, let's just see how long it's gonna take them.

I don't get what's hard to understand. Walkthrough only means it will take 1 day to grade once they open your package (aka status recieved). It now takes about 1 month for them to open your package, regardless of what you write on the box (exception being signature events since they are time sensitive). Simple as that.

2 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I don't get what's hard to understand. Walkthrough only means it will take 1 day to grade once they open your package (aka status recieved). It now takes about 1 month for them to open your package, regardless of what you write on the box (exception being signature events since they are time sensitive). Simple as that.

Think about what you just wrote for a second. If it didn't matter, why would they have us marking our boxes with EX or WK :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Think about what you just wrote for a second. If it didn't matter, why would they have us marking our boxes with EX or WK :facepalm:

that's a valid point, I have no answer for that. It seems to not matter. Will you be doing business with them again?

15 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Here's what they replied to me :"Packages containing Walkthrough or Express tier that are clearly marked WK or EX on the shipping box will be routed for expedited processing."  

I'm a bit confused now .. If it didn't matter, why they have a expedited package processing route? Why would they have us clearly marking our boxes with EX or WK?

My last WalkThrough order is delivered on 3/22 and immediately recorded in the system on 3/22, So I don't know what's going on with this one

Edited by EXFXE HDB

5 minutes ago, EXFXE HDB said:

Here's what they replied to me :"Packages containing Walkthrough or Express tier that are clearly marked WK or EX on the shipping box will be routed for expedited processing."  

I'm a bit confused now .. If it didn't matter, why they have a expedited package processing route? Why would they have us clearly marking our boxes with EX or WK?

My last WalkThrough order is delivered on 3/22 and immediately recorded in the system on 3/22, So I don't know what's going on with this one

Your right, I don't know. I thought it was 1 month for all tiers. That was the blanket statement they gave in other threads on these boards. Sorry about that, I hope you get your cards recieved soon.

1 hour ago, Sp33dy said:

U basically paid for wk and gettin standard service. It sucks but they will jus try to push the blame on u or jus say it’s busy and u have to accept that answer and that’s it

Yeah, probably never sending in again...

3 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Wrong Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen - Find & Share on GIPHY

Yes and no. It should get the walkthrough treatment once opened but a big part of WK is being able to get it received faster (normally a few days instead of a month) as well. Normally people are sending it in to get the fastest TAT possible and if it's chilling in the pile with other orders that's a brutal delay.

Just now, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Yes and no. It should get the walkthrough treatment once opened but a big part of WK is being able to get it received faster (normally a few days instead of a month) as well. Normally people are sending it in to get the fastest TAT possible and if it's chilling in the pile with other orders that's a brutal delay.

Just because something doesn't go to plan doesn't mean that you're being mistreated. 2c

8 hours ago, EXFXE HDB said:

Sometimes I'm just thick. But, please enlighten me, and tell me why you are doing business with a company you clearly do not like!

7 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Just because something doesn't go to plan doesn't mean that you're being mistreated. 2c

Intentionally no, but without any of us seeing the package we don't know how clearly the box was marked or who fault lies with.

I resell cards so maybe it makes me more sympathetic to their plight. It's become a rather difficult juggling act as it is without unnecessary delays popping up. If I sent in an order of let's say 10 cards in the $400 range. I might be able to guess conservatively 5 days to get logged received, 10 days to be completed. 15 business days total. Id even be allowing extra in excess to current times. I have a timeframe of when I'm expecting those to come back and be sold. If you throw in an extra 30 business days to get marked as received thats $4k + grading fees now tied up for an additional 20-30 business days. It makes it almost impossible to accurately judge what to do. You have to keep money coming in, but you're simultaneously at the mercy of another business. A lot of the reason I think people get heated is there is already enormous pressure on those of us reselling to be able to keep the wheels spinning and money coming in. With PSA down even a lot of the big consignment businesses are sweating.

2 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Intentionally no, but without any of us seeing the package we don't know how clearly the box was marked or who fault lies with.

I resell cards so maybe it makes me more sympathetic to their plight. It's become a rather difficult juggling act as it is without unnecessary delays popping up. If I sent in an order of let's say 10 cards in the $400 range. I might be able to guess conservatively 5 days to get logged received, 10 days to be completed. 15 business days total. Id even be allowing extra in excess to current times. I have a timeframe of when I'm expecting those to come back and be sold. If you throw in an extra 30 business days to get marked as received thats $4k + grading fees now tied up for an additional 20-30 business days. It makes it almost impossible to accurately judge what to do. You have to keep money coming in, but you're simultaneously at the mercy of another business. A lot of the reason I think people get heated is there is already enormous pressure on those of us reselling to be able to keep the wheels spinning and money coming in. With PSA down even a lot of the big consignment businesses are sweating.

It's not CGC's job to care about resellers. (shrug) It is their job to do their best in adhering to their practices. As a rule, they do. As with all rules, there are exceptions.

As you note, we don't actually know how well the box is marked. In addition, they're continually receiving billions of packages daily. It's unfortunate that this package doesn't appear to be received as it normally would be, however, it's not close to "paying for Walk-through but receiving Standard".

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

It's not CGC's job to care about resellers. (shrug) It is their job to do their best in adhering to their practices. As a rule, they do. As with all rules, there are exceptions.

As you note, we don't actually know how well the box is marked. In addition, they're continually receiving billions of packages daily. It's unfortunate that this package doesn't appear to be received as it normally would be, however, it's not close to "paying for Walk-through but receiving Standard".

Never said they specifically need to cater to resellers. As far as how many packages they get only they have the ability to control that.

I up on a card. I had multiple of said card, and the one I sent out was viciously off center. I normally remove cards like that as they are worth significantly less than a well centered card. Upon reviewing the picture it was clear I was in error by ever shipping it. Should I not be held accountable? Should I tell the buyer that "You received a card of that player, tough mess". I did my best to adhere to my practice of removing them.

I simply missed one so it was an exception to the rule of me pulling them out, so the fault should lie with them for purchasing?

3 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Never said they specifically need to cater to resellers. As far as how many packages they get only they have the ability to control that.

I up on a card. I had multiple of said card, and the one I sent out was viciously off center. I normally remove cards like that as they are worth significantly less than a well centered card. Upon reviewing the picture it was clear I was in error by ever shipping it. Should I not be held accountable? Should I tell the buyer that "You received a card of that player, tough mess". I did my best to adhere to my practice of removing them.

I simply missed one so it was an exception to the rule of me pulling them out, so the fault should lie with them for purchasing?

This is completely off-tangent.

2 hours ago, Spawnfreak said:

Sometimes I'm just thick. But, please enlighten me, and tell me why you are doing business with a company you clearly do not like!

Please enlighten me, and tell me how can I know that things aren't going to be what they should be as planned this time. Well I'm not a seer clearly. 

2 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

I’m that’s exactly what it means. The excuse ur using jus because it messed up this time doesn’t mean it’s a normal thing. Well a few other ppl dealing with that. And ur paying the price with expectations of what’s being on the tat. Taking a month holding it and 1 week to finish doesn’t make it a wk service. It’s a standard. Don’t try and make ppl feel dumb when they are ok with being made for a service that’s not par with what they paid for

4 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

I’m that’s exactly what it means. The excuse ur using jus because it messed up this time doesn’t mean it’s a normal thing. Well a few other ppl dealing with that. And ur paying the price with expectations of what’s being on the tat. Taking a month holding it and 1 week to finish doesn’t make it a wk service. It’s a standard. Don’t try and make ppl feel dumb when they are ok with being made for a service that’s not par with what they paid for

yourewrong | newmanthompsongray

I'm sure they've missed packages that were clearly marked. Mistakes are always made everywhere. Whether or not his was clearly marked is questionable but as a generalization I'm sure they've missed some at one point or another. To disregard that the delay in receiving is a huge factor in the walkthrough process is somewhat asinine.

This is completely off-tangent.

How so? It directly relates to what you said in regards to doing your best. It's an example that of when selling a product or service you still have some level of accountability to the customer. 

I'm applying what you said to a similar scenario. Following that line of thinking my excuse should have been as follows, "I was listing hundreds of cards and missed pulling one out of the stack so you're just going to have to live with it. I did my best." As long as you do your best to hell with the result, no? Surely they don't want what they pay for, they just want a best effort! 👍

"It is their job to do their best in adhering to their practices. As a rule, they do. As with all rules, there are exceptions."