• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures of Superman 500
1 1

5 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Good morning,

We'd have to see the book to make a determination on if pressing would be safe.  We recommend you utilize our screening service to see if the book would be eligible for pressing.  Screening is a $10 minimum or 1% of the declared value, whichever is greater.  CGC Services & Fees | CGC (cgccomics.com)

Thank you!

@Kerdese I have used CCS to press all kinds of books and am familiar with the book you are mentioning.  Although I have not had that exact book pressed, if you intend to use CCS I would submit it for pressing and let them take care of it... I believe they will know how to handle it.

On a different note, depending upon which issue you are talking about (Collectors or Platinum) you may want to just hold out for a book with the grade you are looking for to come up for sale.  If you are just talking about the Collectors Edition you can still find 9.8's relatively cheap if you are willing to wait it out.  By the time you send that book in for pressing and grading, and shipping (to and from) is calculated in you are around $50.00+ for something that might come back lower than what you wanted, and then you are hunting for another anyways.  Now if it's the Platinum or a book that holds special meaning then that is a different story.  Either way, good luck!

P.S. there's a Collector's Edition CGC 9.8 listed on eBay right now for under a hundred bucks!

Edited by Iconic1s

On 4/24/2021 at 12:17 PM, Iconic1s said:

@Kerdese I have used CCS to press all kinds of books and am familiar with the book you are mentioning.  Although I have not had that exact book pressed, if you intend to use CCS I would submit it for pressing and let them take care of it... I believe they will know how to handle it.

On a different note, depending upon which issue you are talking about (Collectors or Platinum) you may want to just hold out for a book with the grade you are looking for to come up for sale.  If you are just talking about the Collectors Edition you can still find 9.8's relatively cheap if you are willing to wait it out.  By the time you send that book in for pressing and grading, and shipping (to and from) is calculated in you are around $50.00+ for something that might come back lower than what you wanted, and then you are hunting for another anyways.  Now if it's the Platinum or a book that holds special meaning then that is a different story.  Either way, good luck!

P.S. there's a Collector's Edition CGC 9.8 listed on eBay right now for under a hundred bucks!

I'm looking to sell my Collector's Edition. It's real close to being a 9.8, but there's a slight crease in the middle that pressing should be able to fix. If I sell it raw, I'm getting dollars for it, but if I get it graded with the batch I'm sending in soon, then I can probably make $30-ish... if it's eligible for pressing. So I'm with ya, it might be a waste of money. It's real close.