• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sub-Mariner 27
4 4

10 posts in this topic

Totally agree, that is undoubtedly the finest 15/16ths of a book I have ever seen.

Book appears to be trimmed top and bottom, however... Oh, wait... the pictures don’t show the top and bottom... never mind.

Ok.  Just kidding.  This looks like an awesome book, but, can you repost with full pictures of both front and back covers? Close-ups of the corners, spine and also a picture that shows the centerfold (to see if staples are loose or detached) would be helpful. 

Okay I have some spare time to copy and rotate these pics, but you need full shots of the front and back cover, and list any internal defects. Torn pages, loose or detached centerfold, writing, clipped coupons, nuclear acid emission stains. Okay, here's what I see, and remember, my opinion is worthless.

Looks like someone dropped this book on the top and bottom spine. Looks like the paper is mushroomed a bit.

image.png.560c63bdea401a0250bc6214b3120ed1.png

image.png.455a85fb78ea5c7ef6009d952636741d.png

Same thing on the bottom. Looks like is was dropped or squeezed in a vice. If it was bumped that may have caused the spine to buckle and cause the two stress lines next to the yellow add box.

Top corner you have a bend/fold going on. Edge looks funny about 1" from the edge inward?

image.png.fc4d0a8cf802824e64b7c3ce37225c2d.png

Bottom corner I assume has a problem also. Bent paper or something.

image.png.d455d4207d7df589284acc023527140f.png

And like someone else said the top and bottom edges look suspicious. Look at the top right above the 15 cents logo box going towards the yellow. Does not look straight to me. Again, above the word THE looks odd. Just my 2 cents. You can carefully slide a backing board or a clean straight edge between the cover and first page, and leave about a half inch sticking up. Compare it to the book edge. Sometimes it sticks out like a sore thumb, but just my own personal way to check things.

image.png.76875f42c6e85e00fd4b54e3818cecc9.png

Edited by DR.X