• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venus #19 Record Sale
2 2

36 posts in this topic

I was offered the book last year at a price above the recent announcement.  I love, love the book but, even with this latest discount, it is too rich for my wallet.

16 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Or mine? hm Oh wait, CGC price tiers just went up. Forget it!

Venus # 19.JPG

That's Sharon's old copy and has crossed the Atlantic at least once .... a nice one. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

46 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

That's Sharon's old copy and has crossed the Atlantic at least once .... a nice one. GOD BLESS...

Yes, and so grateful you sold it to me lo, those many years ago! (worship)

3 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Yes, and so grateful you sold it to me lo, those many years ago! (worship)

That is probably the "one that got away" for me, as a collector especially. I got that when a regular joe could afford it, if they could find one. That whole short Venus run is cool. GOD BLESS....

3 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

That is probably the "one that got away" for me, as a collector especially. I got that when a regular joe could afford it, if they could find one. That whole short Venus run is cool. GOD BLESS....

#17,18, and #19 are the ones to own. Those three are some of my most duped in my PCH collection . Only Menace #5 by Everett gets me as excited with one not being enough.

#19 is undervalued in my opinion...

While we're on the subject of Venus, how much demand is there for the #6 with the first Marvel Loki?  Unlike the first Thor appearance in #11, which doesn't resemble the later version at all, the Loki in Venus is at least a little like the latter version if you squint.

(Also, the Venus version of Thor first shows up in #11, not #12, no matter what a lot of websites claim.)

There’s an eBay seller that has a photocopy replica for sale.  I bought one because I no longer crack open graded comics in order to read them.  It is so annoying that Marvel never put out the second masterworks volume.  I just reread volume 1 last week and the introduction from years ago talked as if there were plans to reprint #10-19.

21 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I had pretty much resigned myself to never getting this one a couple years ago, but it's still frustrating.  I wish they would release the Venus Masterworks #2, at least...

Oh, well, I will just need to content myself with these: